Given head to someone with HIV (I didn’t know this) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically, I’ve been seeing a bloke for a few weeks. I have him a blowjob last night and he told me today we didn’t have sex because he’s HIV positive. He says he is “undetectable”.

I have a mouth ulcer in my mouth and heard that it can be passed on this. There was no ejaculation or pre-*** anywhere near my mouth.

I am pretty scared. Can anyone give some advice? Thanks
StealingThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, I’ve been seeing a bloke for a few weeks. I have him a blowjob last night and he told me today we didn’t have sex because he’s HIV positive. He says he is “undetectable”.

I have a mouth ulcer in my mouth and heard that it can be passed on this. There was no ejaculation or pre-*** anywhere near my mouth.

I remember someone in a health talk at school came in and said that if someone has been treated to the point their HIV is undetectable then that means they are no longer infectious.

I'd still pop to the sexual health clinic and have a test though, just for caution's sake.

Also isn't it illegal to perform sexual acts unprotected if you haven't disclosed you have HIV? Maybe it's just sex in the most conventional sense, but I thought legally they had to disclose if they had HIV unless it's protected sex.
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by StealingThunder)

Also isn't it illegal to perform sexual acts unprotected if you haven't disclosed you have HIV? Maybe it's just sex in the most conventional sense, but I thought legally they had to disclose if they had HIV unless it's protected sex.
This tbh: Offences Against the Person Act. It's called criminal transmission!
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

HIV needs fluids to transfer it so you should be fine, but I would pop into a sexual health clinic to be safe.
Here's some more info:
https://www.avert.org/hiv-transmissi...SAAEgKSd_D_BwE
AfricanMan123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Uh-oh!! Hope you live.
BigFatHead
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, being "undetectable" means the virus itself doesn't show up, but it's NOT a guarantee that no HIV transmission can occur, and he should know that, and if he doesn't, someone should tell him, because it's still possible to pass it on. That's why it's not a "CURE" for HIV/AIDS! Think about it, if the current meds made an infected person totally unable to transmit, then it would be a cure! But there is no cure, that's why it's called "undetectable" instead of "cured" or "No HIV". That being said, the chances are very small for an undetectable person to transmit, and since you had oral, and he didn't ejaculate, etc., you're probably going to OK. If you get tested soon, and find out you do have it, it would be far better to know early and treat it than to wait. If you catch it early you'll have, usually, no complications at all, taking medications for it. He needs to know that he should tell someone if they're having ANY contact, for gawd's sake!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (278)
65.88%
No (144)
34.12%

Watched Threads