Is strathclyde a good uni? (like top) Watch

toniator23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i know there good for business and from my research its like their one of the best which is why im confused that their entry requirments are only BBB - ABB when most other top unis are at least AAB.
quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by toniator23)
i know there good for business and from my research its like their one of the best which is why im confused that their entry requirments are only BBB - ABB when most other top unis are at least AAB.
Their pharmacy school is good and they are good for health research but no idea about business im afraid
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe it's good for your course, but it's not in the top on the league tables. Those entry requirements seem reasonable.
toniator23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by thedevotchka)
Maybe it's good for your course, but it's not in the top on the league tables. Those entry requirements seem reasonable.
Oh ok thats good then the league tables are so confusing cos theres so many which are so different so i assumed strathcylde was top as one league table put them at 9th i think but if there just average thats good as they are my safe and i was a bit worried they would offer me more than ABB.
taysidefrog
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought Strathclyde was one of the best business schools in the UK. It was the first choice of a friend of mine's son. I suspect the grades requested reflect the reluctance of folk from England to go anywhere other than Ed or St Andrews.
Aaron8976
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For Business, it prides itself in being one of the top in Europe and they have a lot of connections, the grade requirements for Glasgow University were BBB. I think the reason for it is that English students pay £9,000 a year and so 1 English student pays around the same amount as 4 Scottish students per year. Grade requirements are lowered for English students as it's just a lot more profitable to have English students rather than Scottish students, they're also a lot easier to get than students outside the EU who pay £13,000 per year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (24)
31.58%
No I don't (36)
47.37%
I work during the holidays (16)
21.05%

Watched Threads