Reply 60
Will Piovano
There's a TV room where I can see Juventus win the Champions League

In your dreams :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Tom H
Errr... you need a TV licence for any device that is capable of receiving the BBC channels.

no u dont!! - legally as long as u dont have a wire or arial that allows u to get the channel u can have one for free - loads of ppl at imp keep a small combo video/tv for free
Reply 62
BeCuZ_iT_rOcKs
no u dont!! - legally as long as u dont have a wire or arial that allows u to get the channel u can have one for free - loads of ppl at imp keep a small combo video/tv for free

Well if you're sure, dude :biggrin:
Reply 63
can any of u cook? cus i cant really, except for noodles(instant ones) hehe.
im planning on eating loads of cereal and microwave meals =S
lol i luv instant noodles - i can do all microwavable frozen stuff and oven cook if i have to......just like anyone else who can read lol :wink:
Reply 65
mooey
lol u did all that 2day?? is there a bus that goes to IC??
ok it doesnt sound AS bad as i was thinking now...close to shops etc so it aint all dat bad. think il get used to it after a while, even the long long walk lol.

yes today as in er 15/09 yesterday now hehe i didn't see any busses with south kensington on the front, i knew i shud av bothrered to stop and read into @ bus stop lol

--------
apprently the wardents are suppose (or should) arrange something for us noobs :biggrin: (which means another weeks extended holiday)

look at the timetable for beit ... :/ http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/halls/beit/freshersevents.html

hopefully we got something similar :biggrin:
Reply 66
I don't think there is a bus bacause of different bus companies operating north and south of Hyde Park, not sure tho. May have to change, worth a look at http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk :smile:.
Tom H
In your dreams :tongue:

Often dreams come true. (And already have in this case as a matter of fact).
We just got Ibrahimovic and Cannavaro. Damn we're gonna steamroll Real Madrid and Milan this year.
Reply 68
Will Piovano
There's a TV room where I can see Juventus win the Champions League and Federer conquer his first Grand Slam.
Federer has won three Grand Slams already this year :wink: and yeah good luck with Juventus. You must be having a laugh :tongue:
Reply 69
chandoug

the walk took 30ish mins and i'm a relatively fast walker (including stop to read map times and getting a little lost) but i took normal route (long way) there are shortcuts on the map,

taking the tube is the same time as walking :frown: (noooooo stupid circle line so slow and unreliable) (includes walk to paddington station)

It's ok, I reckon us sturdy men (and woman :smile: ) of the Wilsonite brethren can
brave the elements and cycle to IC in less than 10 mins whatever the weather. I'm up for it anyhow - who's with me??????
Reply 70
RichFaut
It's ok, I reckon us sturdy men (and woman :smile: ) of the Wilsonite brethren can
brave the elements and cycle to IC in less than 10 mins whatever the weather. I'm up for it anyhow - who's with me??????

Bah, cycling, I've never liked cycling. I'll have to tough out the elements and walk instead.
Reply 71
I've walked from College to Wilson a few times (to play badminton) and then from Wilson back to Fisher - it's ok a few times, if I had to do it everyday I would have to cycle!

John
Leonux
Federer has won three Grand Slams already this year :wink:

Aha, but he won three Slams. A Grand Slam is when you win all four in a year. :wink:

Tom H
Bah, cycling, I've never liked cycling. I'll have to tough out the elements and walk instead.

Ever considered horse-riding? You would look great!
Reply 73
Will Piovano
Ever considered horse-riding? You would look great!

Who says I don't already? :cool:
pic?
Reply 75
...alright then, you got me! :tongue:
You are not, by any slight of fate, Tom Hanks?
Reply 77
Will Piovano
You are not, by any slight of fate, Tom Hanks?

Yeah, sure, why not.
Reply 78
Will Piovano
Aha, but he won three Slams. A Grand Slam is when you win all four in a year. :wink:
Aha, we call each one a 'Grand Slam' over here Will :wink:

Quote from http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/
2004 US Open Review
Wimbledon Champion Roger Federer won his third Grand Slam title in 2004 when he beat Lleyton Hewitt in the final of the Men's Singles at the US Open...

You're going to have to get used to our language when you come over here, my friend :smile:
Reply 79
Seems like there are more wilson ppl on here than any other Hall (except maybe beit). We rule =)
anyone know how big the rooms are roughly?
oh and the pink insurance form u get with the accommo letter... any1 filled it in yet? its kinda confusing me... is it too late to do it when u get there? dunno what im gonna bring with me yet

Latest

Trending

Trending