Is Lasalle College of the Arts in Singapore hard to get in? Watch

lalaland42
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The application deadline is in two months and i have just started on my portfolio. If there is anyone out there who is or has been a student at Lasalle, do you think i have a chance at getting in?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kinana
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there! I’m from LASALLE! Hmm... I can’t really compare how easy it is to get into, because it’s the only school I applied to and got in. I did talk to lecturers from ADM (another design sch in Singapore), and LASALLE seems tougher because their standards are higher. I also personally know an ex-lecturer from NAFA, and he said LASALLE does have the highest standards among all the design schools.The question is simple— how strong is your background in design? - Have you been studying or working as a designer before? Or are you getting into this course as a fresh start in your career? When I went to present my portfolio, everyone else in the room weren’t from a design course and had no working experience in design, except me... idk if they made it through though. My portfolio immediately stood out among them, so that put me in extremely good stead. It also gave me a perspective on the competition you’re getting— having studied or worked in a relevant field will shoot your portfolio up among the clouds, wiping away most of the competition. -Now, we factor in time. I get that you’re worried about your 2 months time frame? When I was applying for LASALLE, the thing is... there were 2 application windows, let’s call it the first and second. The first one was the smaller of the two, being open for slightly over a month. The second one (yours) opens for 2-3 months, so applicants in that window get a longer time to prepare. I prepared my portfolio in 2 weeks! (Yeap, it’s possible! XD) So time frame doesn’t really matter, as long as you know how to prepare a killer CV and portfolio! Like I said, this highly pivots around your experience in design. Anymore questions, feel free to ask me
Eshita Kaashyap
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lalaland42)
The application deadline is in two months and i have just started on my portfolio. If there is anyone out there who is or has been a student at Lasalle, do you think i have a chance at getting in?
Hey I saw your question and I am also applying in lasalle this year for bachelor's degree in fashion design and textile. Can you help me about what type of portfolio standards is required for getting admission in the college?
Eshita Kaashyap
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Kinana)
Hi there! I’m from LASALLE! Hmm... I can’t really compare how easy it is to get into, because it’s the only school I applied to and got in. I did talk to lecturers from ADM (another design sch in Singapore), and LASALLE seems tougher because their standards are higher. I also personally know an ex-lecturer from NAFA, and he said LASALLE does have the highest standards among all the design schools.The question is simple— how strong is your background in design? - Have you been studying or working as a designer before? Or are you getting into this course as a fresh start in your career? When I went to present my portfolio, everyone else in the room weren’t from a design course and had no working experience in design, except me... idk if they made it through though. My portfolio immediately stood out among them, so that put me in extremely good stead. It also gave me a perspective on the competition you’re getting— having studied or worked in a relevant field will shoot your portfolio up among the clouds, wiping away most of the competition. -Now, we factor in time. I get that you’re worried about your 2 months time frame? When I was applying for LASALLE, the thing is... there were 2 application windows, let’s call it the first and second. The first one was the smaller of the two, being open for slightly over a month. The second one (yours) opens for 2-3 months, so applicants in that window get a longer time to prepare. I prepared my portfolio in 2 weeks! (Yeap, it’s possible! XD) So time frame doesn’t really matter, as long as you know how to prepare a killer CV and portfolio! Like I said, this highly pivots around your experience in design. Anymore questions, feel free to ask me
Hey I am applying in lasalle this year for bachelor's degree in fashion design and textile and I wanted to know about how my portfolio should be presented and about what they ask in interviews. Can you help please as I have to get ready with my portfolio in 2 weeks.
Anur98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kinana)
Hey I have applied to LASALLE this year and it's Dec 17 and I haven't got an email regarding admission. Do they send rejection emails or are you supposed to assume you didn't get through ?
Sidney1461
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you a Singaporean? If yes, please ignore everything below.

Otherwise....
DON'T GO TO SINGAOPORE.
I've spent 3 years there. Trust me, you'll ve struggling between anger and regrets.

The weather is terrible. Horrifying. You know what's worse? The people there. They HATE foreigners. You WILL be discriminated against because of you nationality. Worse than that? The government ENCOURAGES this behavior by implementing discrimintory measures/laws.

Not everything you see on TV about Singapore is true. Unless you're super rich, you'll be with people that have completely no idea what etiquette is. (Yes, that applies to 99% of Singaporeans. What you see on TV is always the 1%.) Want an example? They throw shared bikes everywhere, they put their BARE FEET on the bars on bus, etc. If you can't affford to rent a whole house or going everywhere with private cars, don't go there.

Have you visited Singapore? Looks can be very deceiving. DON'T go to City Hall, Bayfront, Santosa, etc. Go north (Yishun) or west (Jurong) and have a look at 99% of Singaporeans instead of the rich few. That's all, it's up to u anyway. Best of luck.
Eshita Kaashyap
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You get a mail regarding the result of your interview in 3-4 weeks, after giving the interview.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?