Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm in a relationship. He's an amazing guy, and I love him to bits, I really do.

But I'm always quite flirtatious, I always have been. It isn't unknown for me to walk around arm in arm, hand in hand with other guys- I'm sometimes to be found crashing in a male friends bed (usually both of us just in t-shirt and undies) all cuddled up.

If your girlfriend was like this, would you class it as cheating? Or would you be ok with it?

Another factor is that my boyfriend is a home bird, and very 'personal spacey'- he isn't a fan of going out a lot, unlike me. When I am out, I like physical contact and I love to flirt. If he was there, I'd do it with him, but seeing as he isn't, and he rarely makes the effort to take me anywhere, or even hold my hand when we are out...is it really wrong?

I can't deny my inherent nature in order to please my lad, and I do love snuggling up with someone at night (as we're at Uni and only have single beds, Peter doesn't really like sharing it with me Other lads are much more accommodating!)

Do you think I should stop? Or even split up with Pete as although it's not causing strife yet (I only told him about the one night, since he asked, he doesn't know about the others, there have been about five since we've been dating. He understands that I love to go out and rarely questions me about where I have been or what time I got in.) and he trusts me, I don't know if this is 'acceptable'!

Thanks, Lucy xxx

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you and him are opposites. why are you going out with him?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm if i was him i wouldn't exactly be thrilled with you sleeping in other boy's bed.

ReputationRep:
    1) How would you feel if your bf was touchy/feely with other girls or occasionally spending a night in their bed.
    2) If you thought it was ok, you'd be open with your bf about it.
    3) No way i'd be ok with that, i'd probably dump her...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I wouldn't be happy if you were flirting outrageously with other girls especially as he trusts you. Maybe you should consider letting him go if you are going to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Other lads are much more accommodating
    I wonder why....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    And yet you say you love him as well? well you can't do if you feel the need to flirt like that. I think you are in denial love :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1) How would you feel if your bf was touchy/feely with other girls or occasionally spending a night in their bed.
    2) If you thought it was ok, you'd be open with your bf about it.
    3) No way i'd be ok with that, i'd probably dump her...
    i agree, in this kind of situation think if you'd like it done to you. i know i wouldnt like it if my boyfriend was sleeping in the same bed as other girls, clothes or not its still 'sleeping together' in the literal sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    And yet you say you love him as well? well you can't do if you feel the need to flirt like that. I think you are in denial love :rolleyes:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    i've done that when i'm single, but i don't think i would now i have a bf

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tolerate it tbh, and I wouldn't class myself as an insensitive person, I just think its disrespectful, especially sleeping in the same bed with other guys.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you together, lol, it sounds like you couldnt possibly be any more opposite.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone would think you are simply using you're boyfriend until something better came along.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind about sleeping in someone else's bed, as long as nothing happens. I wouldn't like the flirting, though, if you're showing interest in anyone who isn't your boyfriend, I'd say that was a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Well the saying goes 'treat people how you would want to be treated'. Are you really doing this here?

ReputationRep:
    in a relationship u both have to adapt a little around eachother not change but be flexible.

it seems like both of u are stuck in ure own ways and are very different as someone above said, and it doesnt seem compatible but i cant say because i dont know what u find good about eachother.

i know for a fact my bf not be happy if i did that and i would be very unhappy if he spent the night in a bed with another girl.....im a bit shocked ure asking if its ok....that might just be me though.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tolerate it, You'd be cut loose very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    It's not as though I don't tell him- if he asked me I'd be perfectly honest with him. It's not as though anything happens between me and the lads.

The idea of him doing it is just alien- he's almost anti-social in that respect. He's a total game geek- he spends a lot of time on the internet playing anything from WoW to the latest MMORPG, and doesn't really seem to have that many friends apart from his course mates, who he never goes out with. And the thing is, the idea of 'what would I do if I was him' is totally irrelevant- if he was equally flirtatious, wanted a cuddle at night, was willing to go out, I wouldn't be crashing out with other lads, would I? I think if I knew I wasn't giving someone what they needed- even if that's just a cuddle at night, then I'd be willing to let him look elsewhere.

We are totally different, but that's why we work so well. I'm a really fiery, passionate person, and he's this cool, down-to-earth bloke. We complement each other, but I refuse to stay in all the time.
    For example, the other night I went out clubbing with some mates. Afterwards, me and Sam decide to watch a film. By the end of the film, it's four am- walking home doesn't sound a great prospect so we curl up and sleep there.

Why is this so wrong? I've always been pretty physical even with girl mates- I'll walk hand in hand with them, or share a bed with them, but that's OK?

I do love him, he's an amazing guy. But I've always been flirtatious, I can't help it! I do it with guys I don't find in the least attractive! It's just my nature to be open and bubbly and...well, flirtatious.

I don't drink or anything, and I do have a sense of morals- I wouldn't do anything that I myself would class as cheating. I just wondered where you guys thought the boundaries were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I wouldn't mind about sleeping in someone else's bed, as long as nothing happens. I wouldn't like the flirting, though, if you're showing interest in anyone who isn't your boyfriend, I'd say that was a problem.
    Exactly what I was about to say.

ReputationRep:
    ure defending ureself.

so if u think what u are doing is ok, why are u asking?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.