Anyone ever been caught with a mobile by accident?? Watch

squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why didnt you just put your hand up and tell one of the invidulators? im sure they would have seen your honesty... or maybe not :/ ^^

As for OP, you might be lucky. but you'll just have to wait.

Ive had about 3 exams in 'my time' when someones phone has gone off. one of those times the person got 0 for that exam. the other time nothing was done. and the other it went off in someones bag so even though they searched everyones bags they didnt find the culprit...

I always take my battery out and leave my phone in my bag. in all the exams Ive done youre not allowed to have your phone on your person, but it can be in your bag turned off.

and for people saying -how can you cheat when your phone goes off in your bag.. it's more about distracting other people. in one of our exams the fire bell went off, so our papers were marked a bit more leniently (sp?)..
Ahmato
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You see I would, but I'd already pissed the invigilator off by:

A. Coming in 15mins late.
B. Walking in only to realise I had forgot to check where my seat was, and hence spending another 5mins walking up and down the hall.
C. Asking to borrow a calculator cos I forgot mine in my bag.

I think she would of just imploded with the incredulity of it all if I'd attempted to give her the phone.

Moral of the story? Don't be late to your exam! Or bring a phone in! Erm, Yes..
andyroo161
Report 10 years ago
Left my phone on in a mock exam and a friend texted me, fortunatly noone noticed but my friend got a few punches. Also yesterday someone left there phone in there bag and it was stolen, so the school lets you hand your phone and mp3 player tot he invigilator at the start and get it at the end.
gorilla_baby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
someone's phone went off during my exam--they were taken out and i dont know what happened after that
by the way, that teacher must be a complete **??!!!***?!** seriously, just let it go
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I take exams very seriously. If someone says "if you are found with a phone on your person you'll be disqualified" I actually LISTEN. Geez, if you can't handle going without your phone for a couple of hours (in a situation where you won't need it at all nontheless) you have problems. I can't understand why people risk so many months of preparation because they can't be bothered to check if they have their phone on them or give it to the invigilator.

I've seen people walk into exams with phones and just can't understand it. Why not just give it to the invigilator? In my GCSE Italian exam someones phone went off, I'm pretty sure they got disqualified.
emilY?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In a GCSE geography exam my mobile went off handed in an the front...I had obviously forgotten to switch it off quite embarrassingly - what was more embarrassing was that the ringtone was Beethoven or something!!!

Plus, I later realised it was BT ringing me about my broadband, grr!

The invigilator just laughed though, I think I mouthed sorry about 20 times and looked reaaally shocked!
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gorilla_baby)
someone's phone went off during my exam--they were taken out and i dont know what happened after that
by the way, that teacher must be a complete **??!!!***?!** seriously, just let it go
The problem is that if someone's phone went off and it wasn't reported and this was leaked, then the school could lose its 'exam centre' status, which would cause a lot more problems.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
32.65%
No - I got the required grades (27)
55.1%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (6)
12.24%

Watched Threads