The Student Room Group

Unsure about focus of personal statement.

I'm wanting to study a Physical Geography degree and have been in touch with both the University of Manchester and the University of Leeds who have said the A levels subjects I have completed were not appropriate to get on to my desired course. However, both of these universities offer interdisciplinary science foundation year degrees that would allow me to progress on to my desired Physical Geography degree, so I intend on applying for these two courses.

However, I intend on using my remaining 3 choices on Geography courses that do not have an integrated foundation year. As such I would be applying for two Interdisciplinary science foundation year courses and three geography courses (that do not include a foundation year). In regards to this, how would I go about writing my personal statement? Should it be purely geography focused or should it have a more broad scientific focus due to the interdisciplinary science foundation year courses (which are my two favoured courses).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Original post by MadFerret
I'm wanting to study a Physical Geography degree and have been in touch with both the University of Manchester and the University of Leeds who have said the A levels subjects I have completed were not appropriate to get on to my desired course. However, both of these universities offer interdisciplinary science foundation year degrees that would allow me to progress on to my desired Physical Geography degree, so I intend on applying for these two courses.

However, I intend on using my remaining 3 choices on Geography courses that do not have an integrated foundation year. As such I would be applying for two Interdisciplinary science foundation year courses and three geography courses (that do not include a foundation year). In regards to this, how would I go about writing my personal statement? Should it be purely geography focused or should it have a more broad scientific focus due to the interdisciplinary science foundation year courses (which are my two favoured courses).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

This is a difficult one as you don't want to come across as confused or unfocused. See if the science foundation courses will accept separate statements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending