The Student Room Group

LMH Oxford Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stu151201
They said "we will not be running the Foundation Year for entry in 2020, and will be working with the University to roll out Foundation Oxford, details for which can be found here: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/increasing-access/foundation-oxford?wssl=1. Foundation Oxford will likely be rolled out the year after, but I’m afraid we don’t have definitive details just yet."

I'm afraid this email was sent in error. To confirm, we are running for 2020 entry. If you would like to be notified when applications open then please do email [email protected]. Apologies for any confusion :colondollar:

@Alayna1234 @priestxnatasha
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LMH OXFORD
I'm afraid this email was sent in error. To confirm, we are running for 2020 entry. If you would like to be notified when applications open then please do email [email protected]. Apologies for any confusion :colondollar:

Many thanks for confirming this Alayna, that's great news
Original post by stu151201
Many thanks for confirming this Alayna, that's great news

Just to confirm - I've had confirmation that the email was sent in error - and that the foundation year is definitely running in 2020.

Omggggg this just made my day 😭😭😭 I’m so happy it’s running this year
can i apply if i have higher predictions than required ?
Reply 205
Original post by Presence

Yes, you need to meet the requirements but you can definitely be predicted higher
Original post by S3uv
Yes, you need to meet the requirements but you can definitely be predicted higher

thank you , may i ask what is most important in the application process ? i want to apply for PPE but i havent studied politics or philosophy
Reply 207
thank you , may i ask what is most important in the application process ? i want to apply for PPE but i havent studied politics or philosophy

It's ok to not have studied them, what you need is a strong personal statement showing why you want to do it.
I am also just a prospective applicant so I can't tell you what the most important part would be but since there are no tests, a strong statement and a good interview performance must count for a quite a bit
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by S3uv
It's ok to not have studied them, what you need is a strong personal statement showing why you want to do it.
I am also just a prospective applicant so I can't tell you what the most important part would be but since there are no tests, a strong statement and a good interview performance must count for a quite a bit

oh nice x are you applying this year? what course?
Reply 209
oh nice x are you applying this year? what course?

Yes, I'm applying for english but I already have my grades
Original post by S3uv

oh ok x good luck ! do you know how competitive it is?
Original post by S3uv

Ohh are you currently taking a gap year ?
Reply 212
Original post by guesswhat221
Ohh are you currently taking a gap year ?

Yes, exactly, which I understand is not what the typical applicant will be on. What course are you applying for?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 213
oh ok x good luck ! do you know how competitive it is?

Not really sure
Hello! I'm afraid applicants must be aged 19 or under at the time of application.

What if they are 20 but have just finished their Alevels and currently on a gap year
Hi, thank you for making this. I have a few questions:
1 Can I apply even if I applied for Oxford through UCAS this year?
2 Can I apply even though I applied last year?
3 This ties into the above. In February/March, when I was still in S5, my then guidance teacher told me about this a few days after the deadline. She also said that she emailed and asked if I could apply late because I didn't know about it earlier. She was told yes and I wrote my essay that day, emailed it to her and she then emailed it on. We haven't heard anything since then. I understand that given the time in which I wrote that essay it probably wasn't the best and I understand that I didn't get in (I think I would've heard by now if i had) but is it normal to not hear back if you are rejected?
Thank you
Can an candidate already attending a foundation year but now happy with it apply to this foundation year if the essay is good enough ?

Yes you can :smile:
Original post by laura10203
Hi, thank you for making this. I have a few questions:
1 Can I apply even if I applied for Oxford through UCAS this year?
2 Can I apply even though I applied last year?
3 This ties into the above. In February/March, when I was still in S5, my then guidance teacher told me about this a few days after the deadline. She also said that she emailed and asked if I could apply late because I didn't know about it earlier. She was told yes and I wrote my essay that day, emailed it to her and she then emailed it on. We haven't heard anything since then. I understand that given the time in which I wrote that essay it probably wasn't the best and I understand that I didn't get in (I think I would've heard by now if i had) but is it normal to not hear back if you are rejected?
Thank you

Hi,
1 - yes you can, our admissions close after you find out whether you have a place at Oxford or not. BUT we wouldnt recommend applying for the Foundation Year if you already have a conditional offer secured at Oxford or Cambridge
2 - yes, there is no rule against that!
3 - Normally students do hear back if they don't get a place, and I'm sorry if you didnt receive a reply. If you want to find out exactly what happened to your application then send us a direct email to [email protected] and we will look into it
Original post by Shish_bish
What if they are 20 but have just finished their Alevels and currently on a gap year

Hello!
Just to clarify: we changed our admissions rules and so we do now accept applications from students who are over 20 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending