Why Is It So Hard To Get DLA? Watch

dla hell
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
the hospital social worker looked at the forms and gave me the number of a disability action worker who will help with terminology but although i will have many of these problems until i die i cannot apply for 3 or 6 months because im not "officially disabled" until the required timeframe is met
its absolutely ridiculous that some people who are genuinely paralised get refused and i know people who are on it simply for alcohol or drug addiction for the last 10 years getting the high rates
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i know people who are on it simply for alcohol or drug addiction for the last 10 years getting the high rates

I very much doubt that.
dla hell
Report 8 years ago
seriously,i know and have drank with many who abuse the system over the years
i have went to nite clubs with people who are "too paranoid to leave the house" etc
another guy who can walk fine has a DLA car because he says he gets out of breath while walking etc (all he does is smoke spliff after spliff and theyre paying him to do this )
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dla hell)
i have went to nite clubs with people who are "too paranoid to leave the house" etc
another guy who can walk fine has a DLA car because he says he gets out of breath while walking etc (all he does is smoke spliff after spliff and theyre paying him to do this )
As someone who is very familiar with the criteria for qualifying for DLA in both its components I can categorically state this post is utter rubbish.
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Do you know their full medical history? I somehow doubt it.

As for being able to apply after 3 months - there are many people out there who have accidents and find that their needs change over time. If they were to apply straight away, they won't see the full affects of the accident. (says me who had one 8 years ago and still is going through changes)
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Titch89)
Do you know their full medical history? I somehow doubt it.

As for being able to apply after 3 months - there are many people out there who have accidents and find that their needs change over time. If they were to apply straight away, they won't see the full affects of the accident. (says me who had one 8 years ago and still is going through changes)
I don't need to. The posters stated reasons for them getting the allowance are total rubbish.
If they have genuine medical reasons then the posters *****iness about them not being entitled is erroneous and malicious.
For example the criteria for the higher mobility component, whereby you can get a vehicle are extremely stringent, and the supposed example given would not qualify for it. It is the poster who doesn't know the full medical history of the people they refrer to.
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by dla hell)
1. Many of us have better days, so can do things that we wouldn't normally be able to do. There are some things I have to do; but pay for them the next day.

2. Many people have a DLA car; but can walk. Just because you can't see the difficulties he has; doesn't mean they don't exist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.64%
No (521)
72.36%

Watched Threads