Is it bad to throw away unconditional offer? Watch

Peterbokor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I received a unconditional offer at Sheffield Hallam university, but deep down I want to go to university of Leeds (Where I got a conditional offer)

Should I throw away this unconditional offer?
peeked
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What course?
gcsemusicsucks
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes - you should pick the course you want to go to as your firm, not the one the universities want you to go to
Peterbokor
Rep:
?
(Original post by peeked)
What course?
So the course is called BA Education Studies
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, that's fine. You want to select the university you like the most, not whether the offer is unconditional or conditional. Go for Leeds if it makes you happier!
peeked
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol education studies it doesn’t really matter mate you can just refuse it and just go for Leeds
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Peterbokor)
I received a unconditional offer at Sheffield Hallam university, but deep down I want to go to university of Leeds (Where I got a conditional offer)

If you prefer Leeds then that’s the right place to firm.

You can always use the unconditional as your insurance choice if you like it. Even if it’s a manipulative “unconditional if firmed” offer they’re still likely to accept you with grades well below your predictions(that’s why they’re trying to manipulate you into picking them as firm).
Peterbokor
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Yes, that's fine. You want to select the university you like the most, not whether the offer is unconditional or conditional. Go for Leeds if it makes you happier!
But then that means less stress on exams (as it doesn’t dictate whether I go to uni or not) and also I might not get the grades 😬
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Firm Leeds. You said deep down that you want to go to Leeds rather than SH.

Do not let Sheffield Hallam swing you to them just because they've tempted you with an unconditional. They are clearly desperate for students, hence the unconditional. The unconditional offer was not made in YOUR best interests.

These unconditional if firmed offers are the spawn of satan and students are easily fooled by them. Do not fall for their tricks.
Peterbokor
Rep:
?
(Original post by peeked)
Lol education studies it doesn’t really matter mate you can just refuse it and just go for Leeds
What do you mean it doesn’t matter?
Peterbokor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Firm Leeds. You said deep down that you want to go to Leeds rather than SH.

Do not let Sheffield Hallam swing you to them just because they've tempted you with an unconditional. They are clearly desperate for students, hence the unconditional. The unconditional offer was not made in YOUR best interests.
Thank you, Sheffield Hallam isn’t exactly the best university
peeked
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean it doesn’t matter?
So like it doesn’t matter if you refuse, it’s only education studies. Do what you want - so in this case go to Leeds.
vvlp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, Sheffield Hallam isn’t exactly the best university
Firm Leeds. If you don't get the grades you'll most likely be able to get in through clearing, and almost definitely will get through clearing for Sheffield Hallam.
gee-9819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you really want to go to Leeds then make it your firm choice, the uni has given you an offer so they know you're good enough to get the grades and if you want to go there then you'll most likely work for the grades you need. Make Sheffield Hallam your insurance so if worst comes to worst you'll definitely have a place in a uni
Peterbokor
Rep:
?
(Original post by gee-9819)
If you really want to go to Leeds then make it your firm choice, the uni has given you an offer so they know you're good enough to get the grades and if you want to go there then you'll most likely work for the grades you need. Make Sheffield Hallam your insurance so if worst comes to worst you'll definitely have a place in a uni
Sheffield is only uncond if I firm them
gee-9819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sheffield is only uncond if I firm them
Ah I see, honestly though the point still stands about Leeds. You have the offer so they believe you're good enough to get the grades. SH would probably still accept you if you insured them and didn't get what they wanted if they've given an unconditional, although worst came to worst there's always clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
7.08%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.27%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (39)
34.51%
There's nothing they could do (32)
28.32%

Watched Threads