Maia16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m starting my higher modern studies assignment soon, and I need ideas? Preferably the USA topic.
CaitlinM1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did higher modern studies last year and I'm now doing advanced, good topics tend to be the use of guns and the effectiveness of the political system, good luck x
smith8867
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You want to pick something relatively simple that has a lot of information behind it. We were told to keep it simple and not over complicate things. For example, I did the abolition of the House of Lords and there was a plethora of information and statistics behind it.

Basically, keep it simple and you won't have an issue.
lyndseybx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did healthcare in the USA. It worked out well as there’s a lot of articles, documentaries etc about Obamacare, health inequalities and so on, and lots of them are easy to pick apart for the source analysis section as they are clearly highly biased.
hz123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi im doing higher modern studies and does anybody have any tips on how to get top marks i am aiming for full marks or above 27 I am doing obesity i just started and am not really sure where to begin

thanks
DavidBruceDD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hz123)
hi im doing higher modern studies and does anybody have any tips on how to get top marks I am aiming for full marks or above 27 I am doing obesity I just started and am not really sure where to begin

thanks
Hey,
If you've still got time to write your piece I would heavily recommend doing "Racism in the U.S. justice system" I got almost full marks when It came to writing it and it was extremely easy to find sources to write about. I would also recommend when researching your sources try to contact authors in order to get their opinion on their piece and any bias/ problems they had reporting on the subject in question.
hz123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anybody have any tips for revising modes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (174)
18.97%
Labour (471)
51.36%
Liberal Democrats (121)
13.2%
Green Party (54)
5.89%
Brexit Party (13)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.44%
SNP (15)
1.64%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.44%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)