The Student Room Group

Are x's a sign of affection?

One of my Facebook friends wrote on my timeline today 'Happy birthday :smile: have a lovely day xxx'

What sis she mean by the xxx? Is it just friendly?

Do you think that she cares about me by writing the x's?
she if she does it to anyone else , if she only does it to you then u could be in :wink:
Positive-caring/have a good time....it can be anything as long as it's conveying something positive.
Reply 3
Many girls send friendly kisses when they wish a happy birthday. Don't read into it.
It has as much meaning as a full stop.
Reply 5
apparently girls do it all the time and you shouldn't read into it.. and she's just being friendly,

but no female friend ....or even no girl on here has sent me any x's ...it's only been girls i am dating or talking to on a dating site that have busted out x's ...so it does make me wonder how legit this x thing is
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
You can tell nothing by this with girls.
You're kinda reading too much into this.......

But saying that, for me personally if I write 'xxx' it's me being affectionate and I like that person whether it's just a friend and it's platonic or someone who's more than that.

Generally depends on what she's like a person.
An X is also a target.
Reply 9
i heard there's like a code girls use with x's, like one x for a friend, two x's for a close friend, 3x's for a boyfriend

is there any truth to this?
Reply 10
I think it begins to mean something if someone sends 'xxxxxxxxx' for example. sending 3 is pretty normal
Reply 11
some people just put x's doesnt necessarily mean anything
Reply 12
If she sends it to everyone it's friendly banter.

Else, :wink: :wink:
A lot of my female friends send a couple xx's after a message think you maye be reading too much into it.
the majority of people i know put xs
(I seem to be in the minority that don't, I have nothing against it, just never done it) so I really wouldn't look too much into it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending