Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone predicted less than 3As for A-level? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I still think theres a good number of people who don't get 3 A's, despite what the papers say :-P I was predicted BBC, I got AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Yeah I still think theres a good number of people who don't get 3 A's, despite what the papers say :-P I was predicted BBC, I got AAB.
    you dont need 3as though to be predicted 3as!

ReputationRep:
    I got AB and a B in AS so 280 points in total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    so you are predicted aaa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasdagaga)
    Anyone here?
    I don't know what my predicted grades are yet, but I know for sure that they won't be AAA.

By the way, I love your avatar

ReputationRep:
    so you are predicted aaa?
    No I finsihed with all that lark in 2002

ReputationRep:

how many as levels did u do?

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea what i was predicted last year, but i know that i got AAAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    i have no idea what i was predicted last year, but i know that i got AAAB
    Everryone in our school knows our prediction. If you dont klnow yours, how do you know which unis you can apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused?)
    how many as levels did u do?
    I did AVCE double award in my first year which was worh 1 A2. I then did the second year of it in year two which is another A2. Also in my second year I did AS Business Studies.

ReputationRep:
    That's only 270 points mate

Everryone in our school knows our prediction. If you dont klnow yours, how do you know which unis you can apply?
    You could just apply to the ones you think you can get the grades for. What matters is what you think you are capable of and your ability to sell your ass in your PS.

ReputationRep:
    I did AVCE double award in my first year which was worh 1 A2. I then did the second year of it in year two which is another A2. Also in my second year I did AS Business Studies.
    So what ewere your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    You could just apply to the ones you think you can get the grades for. What matters is what you think you are capable of and your ability to sell your ass in your PS.
    But surely it is better to know your prediction grades. For example if you apply for Cambridge and youre predicted AAB or something, there is no chance theyd give you an offer.

But surely it is better to know your prediction grades. For example if you apply for Cambridge and youre predicted AAB or something, there is no chance theyd give you an offer.
    You realise that the above post can be conclusively proven to be incorrect?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You realise that the above post can be conclusively proven to be incorrect?!? :confused:
    please explain.

ReputationRep:
    im going to uni later this month
    just applied to the ones i wanted to go to :confused:
    i guess i was predicted AAA

please explain.
    Your post implies that Cambridge flatly reject anyone predicted AAB or less.

ReputationRep:
    Your post implies that Cambridge flatly reject anyone predicted AAB or less.
    Well they reject most of them anyways. The point is that it is better to know your predicted grades surely, as you then know whether the predicted grades are lower than expected, then you can try to persuade your teacher to give higher predictions..etc. Im amazed by how many people who dont know them!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.