Chemistry HELP!!!

Watch this thread
doiactuallycare
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Honestly, Chemistry is fun mostly because of the class, but i do not get it at all.

I barely persist in understanding the work. I do not even know why i kept it, and i cannot change it.

So may i have some advice from fellow people as to succeeding/dealing this?

P.S i'm not expecting any sympathy, even though it seems to come across like this.
username3482002
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

I understand that some of the chemistry content can be quite difficult to understand. Are you doing GCSE/A-level chemistry?. I'm a year 13 student currently and I am a chemistry mentor for students in year 12 struggling with AS content.

I don't know what areas of chemistry you're struggling with, but here are some suggestions.

If you don't understand the calculations involved in chemistry, ask your chem teacher/look at online sources that show you how to do the calculations step by step. From there, you have to do plenty of practice questions in order to fully memorise and understand them.

If you do not understand/struggle to memorise the content, I would read through the textbook on the topic and make notes. If the textbook is difficult to understand, I would use other resources such as Khan Academy/ E Rintoul <--(A-level only).

Good luck
doiactuallycare
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by *TomTomSatNav*)
Hi there,

I understand that some of the chemistry content can be quite difficult to understand. Are you doing GCSE/A-level chemistry?. I'm a year 13 student currently and I am a chemistry mentor for students in year 12 struggling with AS content.

I don't know what areas of chemistry you're struggling with, but here are some suggestions.

If you don't understand the calculations involved in chemistry, ask your chem teacher/look at online sources that show you how to do the calculations step by step. From there, you have to do plenty of practice questions in order to fully memorise and understand them.

If you do not understand/struggle to memorise the content, I would read through the textbook on the topic and make notes. If the textbook is difficult to understand, I would use other resources such as Khan Academy/ E Rintoul <--(A-level only).

Good luck
Hi, Umm, it is mostly theory and it's understanding (A-level- Yr12). But i will use the sources provided and follow on using your advice. However E Rintoul is AQA and i am doing OCR A, i am wondering if i could use this as a resource. I will receive further confirmation from my teacher.

Good Luck

Many Thanks
username3482002
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by doiactuallycare)
Hi, Umm, it is mostly theory and it's understanding (A-level- Yr12). But i will use the sources provided and follow on using your advice. However E Rintoul is AQA and i am doing OCR A, i am wondering if i could use this as a resource. I will receive further confirmation from my teacher.

Good Luck

Many Thanks
Most of the stuff on E Rintoul is in OCR B salters (which I'm doing). Look at the specification if you are not sure tho. Also, I use Chemguide (REALLY USEFUL). It's specifically for CIE chem students, but I still use it as it is really detailed. Even if the stuff isn't in the specification, I still look through it to expand my knowledge on the topic.
rachyyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
for chemistry, use crash course YouTube videos! they help so much. another good youtuber is miss Addams ((or something similar)) who takes you through chemistry topics and questions. Scholar is very useful and not forgetting just buying a chemistry book too, they have plenty of worked examples and usually have links to websites to continue quizzes to make sure you fully understand. Back to scholar, they have live sessions which teach the course and have a live question bank at the bottom so you can ask questions then and there, not too sure if scholar is just for Scottish schools or not but the videos should be there or even
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads