username2924884
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey There, Im currently doing A level computer science OCR and I'm in year 12.
I haven't done gcse computer science and im really worried im going to fail computer science because i didnt do the gcse and im really bad at programming.

I was just wondering has anyone ever passed computer science ( Grade C and above) without having done gcse and was not too good with programming ? ... Can someone please give me some advice or reassurance ? Thank you
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mansinayee)
Hey There, Im currently doing A level computer science OCR and I'm in year 12.
I haven't done gcse computer science and im really worried im going to fail computer science because i didnt do the gcse and im really bad at programming.

I was just wondering has anyone ever passed computer science ( Grade C and above) without having done gcse and was not too good with programming ? ... Can someone please give me some advice or reassurance ? Thank you
Not all schools offer the GCSE. I didn't do GCSE and didn't have that much prior programming experience compared to some in my class. I'm also in year 12 and I got full marks in my first assessment.

Doing GCSE isn't a requirement to doing well at A-level. You just need to practice. Maybe talk to your teacher if you feel like you need help.
M4cc4n4
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
there is alot more to Computer Science than Programming, CPU Architecture is one of the more interesting things I learned
Blazingphoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

I can't speak from experience or from a similar situation, but my sister is currently in university reading computer science. She had not done computer science at GCSE or A level and is doing completely fine, even getting into the top 1% of her year!

I don't know if that helps, but just make sure you put as much effort as you can into the subject as you would with any other
username2924884
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thankyou For the advice/motivation everyone ! I am really hardworking I just needed reassurance I guess.. I Hope everyone had a good day. Stay positive and study hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.41%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.73%
I need help with my personal statement (63)
42.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads