The Student Room Group

Taking a cheater back? Your thoughts...yes or no? And why 🌹

have you ever taken a cheater back? If so why ? If not why? How do you know someone is genuinely sorry?

🌹Not sleeping with someone! Perhaps taking another girl / man out not in a friends way. Or kissing or texting someone in a way that would be classed as cheating 🌹
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
depends on the situation ..
Nope I doubt I would be able to take someone back after they've cheated. Trust would be all gone.
I would never get back with someone’s who’s such trash. I hope that I never lose that much of self respect and love that I go back with a guy who cheated on me.
Reply 4
I thought I could take him back after he cheated the first time but I was constantly paranoid and turning into someone that I never want to be ! It turned out two weeks later he did it anyway again when I gave him a second chance so no!
No because when someone cheats it breaks all trust and normally you can never get it back.
I never would- if they cheat on me once what is the guarantee they won’t do it again? I doubt I would like to experience heartbreak over the same person for the second time if they were to cheat on me again. Besides since they cheated the first time- they obviously have little to no respect or love for their partner
nope, I'd never take a cheater back and neither would I date a cheater... if they're cheating on their partner to be with you then you know that they will cheat on you in the future. no matter what they say, do not take them back, it would only hurt you more
Reply 8
Original post by marzipan1030
I never would- if they cheat on me once what is the guarantee they won’t do it again? I doubt I would like to experience heartbreak over the same person for the second time if they were to cheat on me again. Besides since they cheated the first time- they obviously have little to no respect or love for their partner

What about depending on the situation
Reply 9
Original post by FloralLuxe
I would never get back with someone’s who’s such trash. I hope that I never lose that much of self respect and love that I go back with a guy who cheated on me.

What about depending on the situation. Perhaps the relationship may have been toxic or may have ones behaviour in the relationship may have pushed the other one somewhere else
Original post by MikesJr

What type of situation. What sense are you talking x
Original post by MikesJr

What type of situation. In what sense are you talking about x
Original post by livvj01
I thought I could take him back after he cheated the first time but I was constantly paranoid and turning into someone that I never want to be ! It turned out two weeks later he did it anyway again when I gave him a second chance so no!

How did he cheat ? And how long did you get back with him after finding out he cheated 🌹
Original post by Jennifer303
What about depending on the situation. Perhaps the relationship may have been toxic or may have ones behaviour in the relationship may have pushed the other one somewhere else

Lmao nah. If it was toxic, I would’ve divorced his ass anyway.
I dont think you should
Reply 15
Original post by Jennifer303
What type of situation. What sense are you talking x

say you been with someone for 3/4 years.. and the other person jus slips up at a party and kisses someone else. that's forgivable imo
Reply 16
I would never take them back.
Reply 17
Once a cheater always a cheater :")
Nope, better to just start afresh, life is waaay too short for that painful ********
Reply 19
It depends on how serious the demeanour, if there are any mitigating circumstances, the value of the relationship and degree of regret. Life is not black and white. Go with your instincts though.

Quick Reply

Latest