Changing a conditional offer to unconditional? Watch

hannahdlaura
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya!

(So this is likely going to sound really arrogant and I completely apologise in advance, I'm not trying to be cocky or anything I'm just genuinely curious!)

During an open day I instantly really loved BCU and I knew that it would be my firm choice if they offered me a place. I applied with predicted ABB to a course with BBC entry requirements. I was really hoping to get an unconditional because of this but I have a conditional instead (over the moon about this still!). Okay so my question is:

Now I've firmed BCU, does anyone know how often uni's will change their offers to unconditional if they've been firmed? I'm reeeallly hoping this happens with me, but I feel like it only happens about 1% of the time so I thought I'd ask around

Thank you!
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
this doesnt happen unless they state before firming it .
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannahdlaura)
Hiya!

(So this is likely going to sound really arrogant and I completely apologise in advance, I'm not trying to be cocky or anything I'm just genuinely curious!)

During an open day I instantly really loved BCU and I knew that it would be my firm choice if they offered me a place. I applied with predicted ABB to a course with BBC entry requirements. I was really hoping to get an unconditional because of this but I have a conditional instead (over the moon about this still!). Okay so my question is:

Now I've firmed BCU, does anyone know how often uni's will change their offers to unconditional if they've been firmed? I'm reeeallly hoping this happens with me, but I feel like it only happens about 1% of the time so I thought I'd ask around

Thank you!
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but chances are if you miss your BCU offer by a grade or two, they'll still take you. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Don't worry this whole conditional thing.

I was predicted AAA last year (I got those grades this August) and decided to apply to a university that also required BBC in order to fill up my 5th choice (I wasn't planning to go, anyway). I still got a BBC offer and they even asked me to upload my maths and English certificates!
22sgw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It'll be conditional because you haven't sat your A-level finals yet. If you look at it from the point of view of the university you are predicted ABB, and I hope you achieve these scores, but for all they know you could get a UUU and if they give you an unconditional offer they'd be bound to have you studying at the University. So they won't give people unconditional offers based on results they haven't achieved yet to prevent that sort of thing happening.
hannahdlaura
Rep:
?
Thank you! I've been told that (the whole dropping a grade thing) before. I'm very confident I'll get the grades, it would just relieve a lot of stress from now until August if it was unconditional! BCU have asked for my maths and English certificates too, it was the only one to do so, is that normal?
frostfly
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
Nah, their decision on UCAS is final, I'm afraid. Congrats on your offer, I'm sure you will exceed that!
hannahdlaura
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mystelle)
Nah, their decision on UCAS is final, I'm afraid. Congrats on your offer, I'm sure you will exceed that!
Ah well! Thank you ❤
Hayyz91
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Asking for certificates is normal
They just want to make the process smoother once they receive your grades. They did the same with me.
Afghan246
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
HHMM with me thay have said if you choose bcu as firm and upload level 2 it wil change to unconditiona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)