Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have recently had a conditional offer for child nursing from Birmingham City University. I am still waiting on Coventry University.

I am currently taking my GCSE maths and Biology. However, BCU have said that they can't wait until August for my GCSE maths result and have asked that I do functional skills for July. Is it silly to drop my GCSE maths and go for functional skills or not? I'm thinking if I drop GCSE and do functional skills, I can finally do my nursing, so does it really matter?

I just hate that i'm dropping a GCSE Maths for functional skills. But then again the uni have offered me a place dependent on a functional skills level 2.

PS: there is no offer based on my gcse biology because I have level 2 science, but i'm still going to sit it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Why not do both? That way you have the GCSE for if it comes up in the future.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Congratulations on your offer!!!I have applied to do child nursing at BCU and haven't heard from them yet. If you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS application?So far, I've been asked to upload my GCSE certificates.

ReputationRep:
    The intake is September so you could do your functional skills to satisfy the uni and carry on with the gcse anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Why not do both? That way you have the GCSE for if it comes up in the future.
    I'd do the same, try and do both ??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.