hungrypudding
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

Looking for opinions on my profile. Looking at the LSE MSc Finance and LBS MFA.

- I obtained my undergraduate degree from a university ranked ~10th in Canada, studied Economics with a minor in mathematics

- GPA 3.96/4.00, Major GPA 4/4

- IB internship at a notable Canadian bank

- Currently working full-time at the Bank of Canada, Canada's central bank

- 710 GMAT (Q48, V38)

- Will be writing the CFA I in June

Slightly worried about my low quant. I do, however, have a minor in math. Not sure if this will offset any worries that may come up about my ability to do math! Since the MSc Finance and LBS MFA aren't overly quantitative by nature (relative to say the MSc Finance and Economics at LSE), do you think I still have a shot?

Thanks!
harshdod7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe you have a very competitive profile for the program.
Minor in math will definitely offset your Low quant score.
Good Luck.
Pos123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You'll be fine!
Semko91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Guys,
I am taking my GMAT on 12th May. Gmat score will be around the 700 mark. After that, I am planning to send my application to LSE for Msc Finance & Accounting (1) and Msc Finance and Private Equity (2) on 15th May. Since the spots are still listed as "open" on the site, I am curious how reliable that info is for my "late-application".

The rest of my profile is relatively unique/exotic (in terms of hobbies and extracurricular) and strongly finance related. I speak 5 Languages and have 3 internships in PE,VC and IB in the top three financial centres of the world + 1 internship in London's Neurosurgery Special Unit + 1 work experience where I worked in the organisation-team for one of the most important political summits in the world. I have also been shortlisted 3 times for LSE's Investment Banking conferences, which have very limited seats.

If I write a stellar Personal Statement and submit my application, say 15th May. 2018 - What are the odds?

Looking forward to hearing your realistic thoughts about this.

Also: Let me know what my chances at LBS Master in Financial Analysis are, since their Round 4 deadline would be 31 May.

P.S.: I am 70% confident my application will be rejected because I am very late in the cycle. :O
ankursharma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to LSE
the course at LBS isn’t that good, I know people who have had a disappointing experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads