The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation Course 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did anyone heard back from CSM tho? I know the interviews take place in March (or at least i have read that) I hope they don't send out the invitation a week before the interview.
One of my friend got into the second part of their application process and she said that they like to see garments (half made or done) and sketchbooks.
Does anyone have information on the interviews too?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Is there a facebook group or chat for the csm foundation applicants?
Has anyone got an offer from the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at CSM?? I applied at the end of November for the 3D Design and Architecture pathway and haven't heard anything back yet. I'M SO NERVOUS AAAAAA
Reply 23
Did you sent in your mini portfolio?
Reply 24
When do they send details about submitting the online portfolio because I applied to the Foundation Diagnostic Pathway but I haven't received anything and the deadline is Wednesday 31st.
Reply 25
Original post by blxssom
When do they send details about submitting the online portfolio because I applied to the Foundation Diagnostic Pathway but I haven't received anything and the deadline is Wednesday 31st.

I got the online portfolio request 5 minutes after I applied, maybe send them an email ? (I'm not from the UK though so it may not be the same delay)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by blxssom

I applied on the 24 December and I received my online portfolio request on 11 January.
I submitted my 20 images mini portfolio to CSM for a foundation course in arts and design a week ago, haven't heard back for an interview. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a reply? Quite scared and anxious! :frown:
Does anyone know whether we have to take extra sheets to the interview, I mean if we get one, over the 20?
Reply 29
I've applied to the diagnostic foundations course and submitted my portfolio last wednesday. I'm so incredibly nervous has anyone herd back/ does anyone know what the next step is?
Just emailed UAL about whether we are expected to bring extra sheets to the interview, and their response was that it is recommended to provide 40-50 images. So I'll have to expand my portfolio a bit. Also, they said that we will be asked to UPLOAD our full portfolio and didn't mention the interview although the website says we should get an invitation or a rejection at this point. So I'm quite confused...
Reply 31
Original post by hannakiss
Just emailed UAL about whether we are expected to bring extra sheets to the interview, and their response was that it is recommended to provide 40-50 images. So I'll have to expand my portfolio a bit. Also, they said that we will be asked to UPLOAD our full portfolio and didn't mention the interview although the website says we should get an invitation or a rejection at this point. So I'm quite confused...

I think a provided more than 50 images in my 20 pages lol. I heard stories of the interview process there and each one was different. We may never know until we actually get there.
Reply 32
Original post by hannakiss

Wow I definitely have to work more on my portfolio to have 40-50 images. Thanks for the info ! So stressed out, I really wanna get into the foundation!!
They will only be sending out interview invitations/rejections after they review every single application (including mini online portfolio) because they need to consider them all equally of course! So don't expect anything until probably 1-2 weeks into February. I'm pretty sure they send requests for FULL portfolio submission to overseas students at that same time (instead of an interview).I'm super nervous and still formatting it all to submit my 20 images via PebblePad asap.Good Luck to all!
Original post by amelieami
They will only be sending out interview invitations/rejections after they review every single application (including mini online portfolio) because they need to consider them all equally of course! So don't expect anything until probably 1-2 weeks into February. I'm pretty sure they send requests for FULL portfolio submission to overseas students at that same time (instead of an interview).I'm super nervous and still formatting it all to submit my 20 images via PebblePad asap.Good Luck to all!

hi amelie! do you know if the 30 images for the full portfolio includes 20 of the same images from the mini portfolio or does it have to be entirely new?
Hi, at the open day they said that both the mini portfolio and full portfolio should show your strongest and most proud work - so it's safe to say they will and should overlap in their content. Basically the reason they invite you for interview (if they do) is that they found your work to be interesting and believe you have potential. The actual interview is then there to determine whether you can actually articulate your work and process/thoughts well when they ask you about it, I think especially because they really want to know if you're a well-rounded passionate creative that can go deeper about their art than just an uploading an image. So yes, definitely include the stuff from your online 'sneak-peak' in the real portfolio because that's how they would have become interested in you in the first place..
Reply 36
Hi!!Could you send to me?I have already applied.Thanks.
Original post by Annnnac
Hi!!Could you send to me?I have already applied.Thanks.

Sorry, what do you want me to send you? :curious:
Reply 38
Original post by anna_234
Did anyone heard back from CSM tho? I know the interviews take place in March (or at least i have read that) I hope they don't send out the invitation a week before the interview.
One of my friend got into the second part of their application process and she said that they like to see garments (half made or done) and sketchbooks.
Does anyone have information on the interviews too?

I'm guessing CSM is waiting to finish up all applications first before sending out interview invitations. I applied to CSM and LCF and got an interview with LCF and an offer, but haven't heard back from CSM as yet. I would just say be prepared just in case of anything with CSM; they asked me to submit sketchbook works, how ideas came about, and finish/almost finish garments in my portfolio.
Reply 39
Original post by amelieami
Sorry, what do you want me to send you? :curious:

Sorry, the power point they gave you at the open day. Where they explain you the application process.

You said you have it; no?

Thanks !!!

Quick Reply