Lweeze
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How have people chosen which university to have as their first choice? Saying hypothetically I get offers for my top two picks, whats the best solution for picking which to go to? I've done a list of pros, cons, dislikes, likes, advantages and disadvantages of both unis and they're pretty equal in which I'd like to study at. I like the feel and location of them both and they would both feel "right" to go to, as well as the courses are fairly similar and again have an equal amount of pros and cons. How did other people in similar situations figure it out?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
What are the grade requirements? Maybe the one with a higher grade offer will challenge you more and you might get more out of it?
Lweeze
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
What are the grade requirements? Maybe the one with a higher grade offer will challenge you more and you might get more out of it?
there are two points between each other so entry requirements are very similar also
jj2k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know if you're currently in a position to visit the campuses but that's extremely helpful while choosing. Sometimes you just like the feel of a place more. Works out better. If you can't actually visit the campus, even checking the place out on google maps is helpful (those walk-through digital tour things).

Other than that, try estimating finances. Personally, I feel that attending college in London ends up costing wayy too much. The same applies to some other cities. Check which suits your finances better.
Lweeze
Rep:
?
(Original post by jj2k)
I don't know if you're currently in a position to visit the campuses but that's extremely helpful while choosing. Sometimes you just like the feel of a place more. Works out better. If you can't actually visit the campus, even checking the place out on google maps is helpful (those walk-through digital tour things).

Other than that, try estimating finances. Personally, I feel that attending college in London ends up costing wayy too much. The same applies to some other cities. Check which suits your finances better.
Hi yeah I've visited both on open days and have interviews for both, my main deciding factor is that one allows me to live at home and the other is 2 hours away meaning i will have to move out. However I am ready to move out being a mature student and want to live away from home again and a bonus is my other choice is close to extended family anyway so I will never be too far from family.

financially, living at home would be more convenient but i would then receive a lower amount of student finance due to the income of my household
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lweeze)
Hi yeah I've visited both on open days and have interviews for both, my main deciding factor is that one allows me to live at home and the other is 2 hours away meaning i will have to move out. However I am ready to move out being a mature student and want to live away from home again and a bonus is my other choice is close to extended family anyway so I will never be too far from family.

financially, living at home would be more convenient but i would then receive a lower amount of student finance due to the income of my household
From what you have said, it seems like the two choices are very close. If you want to move out and be more independent, why not choose the one that is 2 hours away. At least you are still near family, but it gives you more freedom at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads