Opinion on these a levels Watch

pop2146
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi how hard are these a levels ;sociology biology and English and how big of a leap are these subjects from GCSE
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pop2146)
Hi how hard are these a levels ;sociology biology and English and how big of a leap are these subjects from GCSE
How hard something is, is often down to the person, how hard they work, their work ethic etc! How have you found GCSE Biology and English? I studied both at A level and didn't find them too difficult. They're obviously more difficult than GCSE, but nothing that you won't be able to prepare yourself for! they're also really enjoyable and interesting subjects which definitely helps.
LRxS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of those I only do Biology but I love it! My course is AQA which I think is a bit easier than the others. For year 12 I found it easy there’s a lot of stuff you have to know really well but none of it’s actually that hard. Year 13 though it’s definitely harder because some of the processes you have to learn are really complex, also there’s an essay in the exams and you won’t get full marks unless you include knowledge that’s not in the syllabus (so we have to do a lot of further reading).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (489)
58.99%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise