Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is really just personal interest..I don't know if it needs to be 16+ because of the sexual context..anyway:

In magazines I frequently read men quoted as saying 'just one a year would be great'

Or in tv shows..'I gave him one once and he owes me for life now'

etc.

Blowjobs seem to be portrayed as a rare treat so to speak..but with my bf I do it for him pretty much everytime I see him and usually 2/3 times..I'm sure my mates are in the same kind of situations..so if bjs are just normal and regular why are portrayed as so special..they don't seem to be, they seem to be..a usual occurence..

I'm not sure if that all makes sense but yeah opinions?

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean. personally i don't understand it. i love giving head...and i'm not ashamed of that at all so don't mind discussing it.
    i think in a lot of relationships though sex lifes change. i like to think i'll always enjoy it and so always do it but i know it could change. i'm only 2/3 years into my relationship so it's still pretty new and exiting. 10/20 years on i might feel differently.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're tip top too but some of my friends just hate doing it. So y'know. Whatever people are into.

ReputationRep:
    Well you know - and i'm just putting this foward - the act of giving a blowjob could be seen as a submissive act, and some women don't want to give up their pride and power... if you know what i mean.

Personally, i don't like blowjobs - it feels ok, but as aforementioned, it kinda makes me feel guilty ish. If i feel pleasure, i also want her to feel the pleasure too.

Also, there's always that fear of her being really pissed and clamping down. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think guys can have too many bjs...make sure he returns the favour though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Well you know - and i'm just putting this foward - the act of giving a blowjob could be seen as a submissive act, and some women don't want to give up their pride and power... if you know what i mean.

Personally, i don't like blowjobs - it feels ok, but as aforementioned, it kinda makes me feel guilty ish. If i feel pleasure, i also want her to feel the pleasure too.

Also, there's always that fear of her being really pissed and clamping down. :ninja:
    :rofl: So what you're saying is that women are giving up their power by giving a blowjob, but also gaining it, because they'd be able to put you in immense pain, should they decide to? :p:

ReputationRep:
    On the submissive point..I've never really thought of it that way because I enjoy the way it pleases my fella.

Personally I really don't like reciving oral though..hmm he has it perfect.

But to my original point i suppose that raises a kind of issue that oral sex is still more taboo than just sex perhaps..thus its portryal..

ReputationRep:
    I don't recognise the attitude you describe in your first post, OP, sorry.
    Oral sex isn't some 'rare treat', it's a normal part of regular sexual activity.

ReputationRep:
    Well, around here, a blow job is just like, something you do before you have sex with a guy. It's usually a prelude (especially when you're waiting to lose your virginity) to sex.

I don't know of anyone that does them a lot if they're having regular sex. Just as foreplay.

ReputationRep:
    Yes as foreplay/during time of the month lol.

The attitude i'm describing hmm..well I recently read an article in glamour where a woman said she gave her boyfriend a blowjob for his birthday and where an irreverant male agony aunt said something like 'no bjs arn't neccessary we know you not going to do them anyway but the ocasional one would be nice'

If that helps explain what I mean..

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..maybe these men are single (fat single and ready to mingle) and therefore don't have the luxury of receiving it as often as someone in a relationship. But I'm surprised at the quote too, I love doing it (and as someone else said; I'm not afraid to admit it) but then I guess a lot of girls have an issue with it, the first time i did it I was in a relationship with the love of my life, but I didn't do it for the first few months even though we were sexually active, I was really shy and didn't think I'd feel comfortable doing it. So perhaps these guys have either really shy/stubborn girlfriends, or are butt ugly and never get remotely laid

ReputationRep:
    it's something that you pretty much come to expect, i can;t think of many women that haven't done that with me, though to be quite honest not many women actually know what they are doing... i can only think of 3 ocassions where i have enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harriellie)
    Well, around here, a blow job is just like, something you do before you have sex with a guy. It's usually a prelude (especially when you're waiting to lose your virginity) to sex.

I don't know of anyone that does them a lot if they're having regular sex. Just as foreplay.
    i'm just curious.....does this go for oral sex on girls as well where you are?

A blowjob a day keeps the rapists at bay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeydeacon)
    it's something that you pretty much come to expect, i can;t think of many women that haven't done that with me, though to be quite honest not many women actually know what they are doing... i can only think of 3 ocassions where i have enjoyed it
    That doesn't give me confidence..I'm sure my men have enjoyed it..I hope they don't fake it..I wouldn't do that to give them an ego boost lol.

But exactly it seems to be such a normal thing I guess its just an example of media and fiction being out of touch with reality *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    i'm just curious.....does this go for oral sex on girls as well where you are?
    I've got a friend who was a virgin for a long time, and received and gave oral before she had sex.

But for most girly oral isn't quite as openly talked about, so I've no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Might be because men are portrayed as hating returning the favour, which is so not true. I love going down on a woman.

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)

I know a girl that loves giving men head so much she didn't want to have vaginal sex with her boyfriend in case he stopped wanting blowjobs. Generally, though, I am like you and only want them to give me a blowjob if they enjoy it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of know what you mean OP, although I think it just seems like more of an American thing? Well from what I've seen on TV and in movies. But just because it's on screen doesn't mean it's true. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    A blowjob a day keeps the rapists at bay.
    Not this rapist.

(expects neg rep)

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Not this rapist.

(expects neg rep)
    Lol, I'm not going to neg rep you for that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.