AQA TRIPLE SCIENCE 9-1 PEOPLE (mocks/general chat) Watch

ethistu7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How you finding the workload?

What are you doing about remembering equations?

Does anyone else think it is one big catastrophic joke?

My school gave us a decimal when awarding our marks, I got a 5.8 in Biology, 6 in Chemistry and 5 in Physics. I can't help but feel like it's awful! In the top group in my year, used to get full marks on the old spec mocks and always was predicted As and A*s etc. I just don't know how realistic that is now!

Praying for low grade boundaries y'all,
LiveOnTSR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Triple science seems like my weakness rn. We are going over old topics from year 9/10 before our mocks I don't seem to remember anything. How is everyone revising all the sheer facts we have to learn?
zoe2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone done the AQA triple science biology mock test ? xoxo
sxhxl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what was the first question of your biology mock paper? was it the c6h12o6 one?
ethistu7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We did combined science as mocks. Even though that obviously isn’t what we’re doing in the real...Don’t understand the reasoning behind it but apparently the content’s ‘all the same’...Least the hard content will prepare us better for A level sciences if we take them. Anyone planning on it? I’m going to do medicine at uni so Chemistry and Bio all the way, haha.
CapitalistAlgan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im taking physics on tuesday. Wish me luck! and i've found the best way to revise is to do the CGP exam question booklet and look at the mark scheme for things you don't know, and look at the revision guide for things you don't understand. Really helps with exam technique and knowledge.
uniidk12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone come across a list of equations you need to learn for chemistry/biology? I have the physics one because it came on the specification but I can't seem to find one for the other 2 sciences?
itxarinix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mayu123)
yep got my marks back. chemistry:51/100 bio:63/100 all in all i did crap and i think i failed physics
ayesha11012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uniidk12345)
Has anyone come across a list of equations you need to learn for chemistry/biology? I have the physics one because it came on the specification but I can't seem to find one for the other 2 sciences?
I have the chemistry one but not the biology one
Attached files
ayesha11012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mayu123)
yeah biology 37/100 (failed) chemistry 47/100 and physics 69/100
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itxarinix)
yep got my marks back. chemistry:51/100 bio:63/100 all in all i did crap and i think i failed physics
That's not that bad! From what I've read most people were disappointed with their marks, but at least you can see the paper and pick out bits you particularly struggled with.
louishill1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did my mocks in mid-November and because AQA hadn't released the second mock set by then, my school had to use the specimens that had been online for over a year which I was annoyed about as I had already seen most of the questions without knowing they would be my mock. My school is planning to use the second set in February. I have come to realise there aren't enough days left before the 1st biology exam on May 15th to cover every topic in detail and that's why I'm starting proper revision now.

I think the grade boundaries next year will be very low as apparently, the country as a whole is doing appallingly every time AQA issues mocks or end of year tests and we can only hope this allows for easier 9s.
clouddbubbles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i’m finding it okay, but im in year 10 so no mocks yet
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
uniidk12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ayesha11012)
I have the chemistry one but not the biology one
Thank you so much you're a life saver! It just makes it so much easier to revise them if I have a list in one place instead of scattered through revision guides
nahneet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uniidk12345)
Can you send the physics one please?
daliciagracem
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good. i did mocks and got grade 8’s for each science ( i do triple award)
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by daliciagracem)
good. i did mocks and got grade 8’s for each science ( i do triple award)
What were the specific topics in the biology mocks?
daliciagracem
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
little bits of everything. required practice on rate of photosynthesis in pond weed w/ the lamp. prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. transects. biomass pyramids
streetdude28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jesus - should I enter as a private candidate to do triple science or nah?
rajan dave
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
has anybody got the mark scheme for biology paper 1 or has any one got there paper back i get my results in january, i just want to know how well i done so i dont need to stress through the christmas holidays/ all the best to every one doing the chemistry today
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
11.86%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.25%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.43%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (25)
12.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (59)
30.41%

Watched Threads