The Student Room Group

November GCSE Mock Exams

They're almost over! How are yours going so far?
This is so funny, because we never really did do official ones.

Our exams take place in the sports hall, and the PE department didn't want to send everyone outside every lesson so they've said exams can't have it 😂

We did ours in the classroom - we didn't do English at all, just maths and science. Maths was a nightmare, so was science actually, but hey we've weeks and weeks yet!
Reply 2
We are the same! Our year is split into 3 locations. I am doing mine on the assembly stage!

Just got my early maths non-calc result and got 26/80... which is a level 5 to be fair and only 5 marks away from a 7. But, SO ANNOYED! If I got one question I misread correct, I would have got a level 7 which is my dream grade for maths.
Original post by ethistu7
This is so funny, because we never really did do official ones.

Our exams take place in the sports hall, and the PE department didn't want to send everyone outside every lesson so they've said exams can't have it 😂

We did ours in the classroom - we didn't do English at all, just maths and science. Maths was a nightmare, so was science actually, but hey we've weeks and weeks yet!

:banana2::banana2::banana2::banana::banana::banana:
Aww well done anyway!

I got 26/80 too and feel very bad about it because I'm in top group in my year, everyone else is on 7/8 and two people even got a 9. Already.

I know a 5 isn't bad though! How much progress do you think you can realistically make before the exams? Are you on edexcel, right?
Reply 4
YAYYY SOMEBODY LIKE ME!! Everyone at school thinks I'm a maths whizz but I actually find when in exam format it is so hard. I'm just thinking we've got months to fix it so it's not really an issue at all.

Did you do the most recent retake paper? Yes I'm on Edexcel.
Aww well done anyway!

I got 26/80 too and feel very bad about it because I'm in top group in my year, everyone else is on 7/8 and two people even got a 9. Already.

I know a 5 isn't bad though! How much progress do you think you can realistically make before the exams? Are you on edexcel, right?
Nooo we did one of the example papers released by Edexcel in 2015, nobody's ever sat it in true exam conditions I don't think..

So glad I've found a friend!! Ahaha. Huge relief!
Reply 6
Yeh me too haha. Crazy grade boundaries though. 31/80 for a level 7! Let me know how you do in calculator papers
Nooo we did one of the example papers released by Edexcel in 2015, nobody's ever sat it in true exam conditions I don't think..

So glad I've found a friend!! Ahaha. Huge relief!
you talk about them being over but mine start tomorrow!:u:
mine are in the hall and are all crammed so tight

Quick Reply

Latest