The Student Room Group

Under what circumstances would you stroke someone's lower arm?

I mean like a proper stroke - a couple of times up and down. Under what circumstances would a girl do that to a guy? How often would a girl do such a gesture? Does it show friendliness and affection?
Fancies ya, it sounds!

Either that or comfort. Either way, she's comfortable with you. Shows friendliness, relaxed around you, I'd say it's flirting really. You wouldn't do that to a female friend unless they were upset, soooooooo.....

Think you're in
Reply 2
if she went outside for a smoke, came back inside and said "feel how cold it is out there" then rubs your lower arm....i think that would be an appropriate circumstance. :smile: (in that context it's just a friendly thing)
Reply 3
Original post by Froppy
if she went outside for a smoke, came back inside and said "feel how cold it is out there" then rubs your lower arm....i think that would be an appropriate circumstance. :smile: (in that context it's just a friendly thing)

The opposite is of course
"feel how wet my hand is"
Reply 4
I certainly don't think it's (or want it to be) more than a friendly thing - I just wanted to see did it mean like friendly affection. Would arm striking in this manner suggest that she considers you as a friend and cares about you?
Reply 5
I certainly don't think it's (or want it to be) more than a friendly thing - I just wanted to see did it mean like friendly affection. Would arm striking in this manner suggest that she considers you as a friend and cares about you?
Reply 6
Original post by ethistu7
Fancies ya, it sounds!

Either that or comfort. Either way, she's comfortable with you. Shows friendliness, relaxed around you, I'd say it's flirting really. You wouldn't do that to a female friend unless they were upset, soooooooo.....

Think you're in

What do you mean by comfort? :smile:
Yeah, affection then. Whoever it is clearly values you.

I meant were they trying to make you feel better if you were upset?
Under no circumstances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending