yousuf_a7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just started my AS, and tbh its a huge jump from GCSEs. I'm falling behind as its a lot to take in. Does anybody know any good revision resources for A-level; Edexcel Maths, Edexcel Biology, Psychology and AQA Chemistry?
Thanks
qwertyu1op
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by yousuf_a7)
I've just started my AS, and tbh its a huge jump from GCSEs. I'm falling behind as its a lot to take in. Does anybody know any good revision resources for A-level; Edexcel Maths, Edexcel Biology, Psychology and AQA Chemistry?
Thanks
I'm currently doing A2 maths, chem and bio make sure you get the textbooks for each of your subjects and make consistent notes that you can revise from or in maths case so you can practice some Qs. Physics maths tutor is really great as it has notes for each exam board and topic specific Qs. Don't worry if you feel like you're falling behind everyone is in the same position A-levels take some getting used to! (sorry can't really help with psycholgy :/)
stressedminute
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by yousuf_a7)
Thanks
Try the cgp revision guides for psychology, they're really useful 😉. Last year for my as i made flashcards for each of the main studies which proved useful for the 12 mark essays in the exam. Don't stress, you have time to fix it!
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For chemistry, I do the same exam board and got a good A in my AS exams.

You should:
- Print out a specification checklist (I think you can find one online, but if you can't, feel free to PM me and I will send you mine). This checklist should form the backbone of your revision notes. The specification is awfully specific as to what you need to know.
- Use chemrevise.org to death.
- Use a-levelchemistry.co.uk to practice questions. Before doing any assessments, do the assessed homework and topic test found on the website for the topic. Those questions are slightly easier than the ones you would find in the exam because the questions are compiled from the old specification.
- Use chemguide or any other websites you find online, if you aren't able to understand content covered in class.
- Use past papers (old and new spec) from about March onwards.
- Use your AQA endorsed textbook because it's actually decent.
- Buy 'Calculations in AS/A level chemistry - Jim Clark'. Read and practice everything in that book (it's very easy to follow) and I can guarantee you will get full marks in any calculations you encounter in the final a level exams.
- For each core practical you do, make revision notes. Write out the method, common errors, how to improve etc. Most people including me find the practical questions the hardest so it's worth keeping up to scratch whilst still in year 12.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.25%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads