Turn on thread page Beta

Keep me anon please as people I know use tsr, cheers.

Right I know what you're thinking, its another one of those, aww my friends don't love me, what do I do, how do I make them want me, need me, caress me. Well this thread is something along the lines of that, but read on if you want...

Basically I'm not living in halls at university, (im a first year). I live about 20 mins from university. I have made quite a few friends on my course. But the people that I normally hang around with are from halls. THere are about 5 - 6 of them, and they all live in the same halls, but different floors. Basically when we're in a group, I feel like Im a boring person, because I have nothing to talk about with them, like they did something in halls last night, I wasnt there, so Im not able to join in the conv.

Although saying this I have gone clubbing with them a few times. They're really really good people. But its just that I don't seem to fit in, because all of them are from halls, not just halls, but the same one, while Im the odd one out, because I dont live in halls.

So I now feel like I cannot talk to people normally, because they may reject me or something. My confidence's level has dropped dramatically haha.

Anyways has any of you been in this situation and how did you overcome it?

Or if anyone has the solution to such problem.
    Good post will be repped for sure

Thank you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Well you could move to the halls.

However your reason for "not being able to talk to people normally" seems a little off. Since when did where you live matter if you fit in? Think about sixth form and before that.

you should still be able to join in. having them tell you what happened is still good. do you share common interests with them?
    you can talk about more than life outside of halls

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from.
    In 6th form, I could talk to anyone, there were no trouble in talking to a group. But now I feel like I don't fit in with these few people on my course. I do have some common interests, like football, and stuff but not enough to have a HUGE conv so I dno, maybe I'm thinking in this too much and I should just relax myself and talk

ReputationRep:
    There doesn't seem to be an actual problem right now with you and your new friends. So I will just say, relax and have fun with them.

When it actually becomes a problem then you can start thinking.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2008
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.