A2 written language investigation help Watch

thaliaevelyn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm mid A2 coursework and I'm comparing three articles. My topic, broadly, is language and gender.
What could I look at?
Right now my primary concern is currently AO2 - theories & theorists mainly, but any other aspects of language and gender or anything you think could be relevant to comparing articles would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Note: I've already covered the use of active and passive - male writer talked about men almost entirely in the active voice and women in passive even though the articles were about a woman
and I've identified the popularity of the words used - males referred to with surnames and women with first names & pronouns, adjectives used with different connotations, mentions of people/things other than the main subject and how that has changed, ect.

All I need is one more thing I can take a look at - preferably mentioning a theory/theorist as I need three sub sections to my investigation and I currently only have the active/passive thing and the word frequency discussion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (229)
59.95%
No (153)
40.05%

Watched Threads