The Student Room Group

What were your favourite primary school memories?

Scroll to see replies

friday school dinners bc it was always chips

and ice cream
Idk... just laughing with my best friend till I couldn’t breath
show and tell :smile:
We went to Kingswood on a 5 day class trip in year 6 and it was fricking awesome. We did caving, go-karting, abseiling, laser tag and I genuinely remember thinking at the time that it was the best time of my life.
Reply 24
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Omg golden time on Fridays! I would always go out and play football with my mates on the field :rofl:

memories :h::h:
I remember in last year of Primary school all of my class were going to the secondary school just down the road apart from 3 of us (including me) so while everyone else was on a 3 day visit to the academy us 3 who were going to a different academy just got to go round the school helping people out and just chilling it was so good. We helped the art teacher paint the wallpaper for the school play whilst singing along to Someone like you by Adele on the radio :biggrin: and I remember having a tea party with the P1's or sometimes we'd just walk around the school doing nothing it was so cool. I miss those days life is just stressful now.
Someone drew a rocket on the carpet in whiteboard pen in reception. :smile:
I hated primary school :angry:
aa
(edited 3 years ago)
GOLDEN TIME :angel:
Fairplay House residential trip in Year 5 was definitely great! I remember discovering and enjoying orienteering...which I'd love to get back into again.

My only theatre performance which was in Year 4 or Year 5. I was one of the few Narrators in our school production of the musical Joseph & The Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat. I remember having a few solo lines which was great. I still sing a few lines of Any Dream Will Do every now and then...and a few other songs pop into my head from time to time! A Pharaoh's Story, Go Go Go Joseph, Jacob & Sons, and so on.

Ice skating class trip sometime in KS2, probably near end of Year 6. I remember my mum buying me roller skates so that I'd be a bit prepared for ice skating...hahahaha! So funny.

In terms of everyday stuff...
- I remember playing dodgeball in the gym. That was fun! Also, PE in Year 6 was very relaxed and as long as you did some form of physical activity, the teacher didn't care.
- My Year 5 main teacher was amazing! He was so nice and so...unique. He introduced my class to Studio Ghibli films, basically. Howl's Moving Castle was my first. :smile:
- Playing in and on the big wooden "ark"/boat that was in the playground.
Original post by alstheman5
Probably the opposite for me. I was told to do my speaker's corner on something I enjoyed/was passionate about. Did it on model trains :lol: Completely destroyed my confidence in public speaking, cus everyone then thought I was a total weirdo. But apart from that, primary school was pretty sweet :lol:

I did mine on astrology, which is probably equally "weird" :lol: but people found it quite cool and interesting! I was kind of an attention-seeking child so I was bound to enjoy that :P
The day I left.
bulldog
The day I left pretty much sums it up

Quick Reply

Latest