Customer pays deposit for a built to order Desktop (GPU Miner) , wants his depo back Watch

iamninja110
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i build desktops and GPU miners for customers but require a 22% deposit. I do everything from my business but deposit is paid to my personal as they are aware that it takes 3-5 working days as it is mentioned in the invoice deposit i give. The issue is, this customer now decides that he needs it within 1 day! ONE BLOODY DAY! to build a GPU RIG. We agreed on 3-5 w/days . So he decided to dispute and now my bank is holding all of my money including everything i had inside there.

I told him, you broke your end of the bargain and now you want your money back after i bought the parts ? i declined and now, my bank is asking me to talk to him and tell him to talk to his bank and tell them to remove the dispute etc but of course he refuses and he wants his refund. Even if i wanted to give his refund, i cannot because he needs to ask his bank to unblock my funds and then i can refund him but his bank advises him not too as then i wont refund him which i wont since he agreed to the service and now i will lose money if he wants a refund. What are my options? What are the laws with bank deposits for goods or services? what documents do i need? I am with natwest, his with lloyds.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iamninja110)
So i build desktops and GPU miners for customers but require a 22% deposit. I do everything from my business but deposit is paid to my personal as they are aware that it takes 3-5 working days as it is mentioned in the invoice deposit i give. The issue is, this customer now decides that he needs it within 1 day! ONE BLOODY DAY! to build a GPU RIG. We agreed on 3-5 w/days . So he decided to dispute and now my bank is holding all of my money including everything i had inside there.

I told him, you broke your end of the bargain and now you want your money back after i bought the parts ? i declined and now, my bank is asking me to talk to him and tell him to talk to his bank and tell them to remove the dispute etc but of course he refuses and he wants his refund. Even if i wanted to give his refund, i cannot because he needs to ask his bank to unblock my funds and then i can refund him but his bank advises him not too as then i wont refund him which i wont since he agreed to the service and now i will lose money if he wants a refund. What are my options? What are the laws with bank deposits for goods or services? what documents do i need? I am with natwest, his with lloyds.

Its actually quite complicated.

Good bought on premises, then right to cancel if they prove faulty.

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

Goods bought on internet right to cancel within 14 days.

Exception a refund is excluded from
28.—(1) This Part does not apply as regards the following— ....

(b)the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised;

You can offer him a refund but deduct an amount by which the goods have devalued.

In addition theres likely to be a service aspect to the agreement i.e the build. You are allowed to make a deduction for the amount of time spent i,e if you started building the machine etc.

So from his point of view he says he is entitled to a refund and it depends whether it falls within 28 1 b as above, in which case he will have lost the right. Thats my reading of it.

In practical terms you can offer him a part recovery if you wish or a full one if you want t get rid of him. the law isnt on his side though as in your situation he can only ask for a refund if the goods were faulty (they were not) or it was a distance selling contract i.e over the net, in which case you can seek to say the right of refund is excluded because it was a custom sale.

You can also deduct an amount for part service.

You can point this out to the bank or you can negotiate a partial refund to the person to take into account lost time and devaluation. Depends how you want to play it.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ng-regulations

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed