pipfranks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi!
Just sent off my UCAS today for Edin to study agricultural science. The course looks fab but
a) I’ve not heard of anyone else that does it, is it a large course? is it well regarded?
b) I’m concerned that because it is taught at Easter bush that is it difficult to get to? How far is the nearest first year accommodation? Do you think you’d end up being in an Easter Bush bubble and not see the rest of Edinburgh??
Thank you!!
hilland
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey So this is the first year they have run this course. I think it looks fantastic too. The Vet School which you will be part of is definately well regarded as is the course director Geoff Simm.

Previously the only Agriculture course was offered at SRUC Edinburgh which is what I graduated from last year. The SRUC course is good, gives you a great insight into the industry with a focusing on everyday farm management. It sounds like the new Ag Science will have a bit of a different focus. Food security steam - more global and sustainability focused. The Animal science stream more veterinary based. (I'm obviously speculating hear from what i read on the website)

As for the Easter bush campus, it is out of town but it has every facility you could imagine and its in the open if you like the fresh air! ... I know quite a few vets that have studied there and they don't mind the travel, They all live in the centre and have a life in the beautiful city too - I don't think you would get stuck in a bubble. You can get the bus, drive or cycle if you don't mind busy roads.

All the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise