The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Commuting to Keele

I am thinking of commuting to keele next year. I live about 45-50 minutes away. I dont mind the drive because I miss home like crazy living away. However, I know Keele has car parking issues and it one of the big complaints. If anyone commutes then what is the parking situation like for you? What time do you have to arrive on campus to get a space for 9am lectures?
Reply 1
Original post by Rt6f
I am thinking of commuting to keele next year. I live about 45-50 minutes away. I dont mind the drive because I miss home like crazy living away. However, I know Keele has car parking issues and it one of the big complaints. If anyone commutes then what is the parking situation like for you? What time do you have to arrive on campus to get a space for 9am lectures?

Is there anyway could you get the bus? You're right, car parking is absolutely dreadful here. Those people on my course who arrive for 9am get onto campus for around 7:30am :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
No other forms of transport take way too long - that sucks to have to get in so early :frown:
Original post by Rt6f
Keele has car parking issues
Biggest understatement I've heard all day.:toofunny:

Original post by Rt6f
Original post by Deyesy
Those people on my course who arrive for 9am get onto campus for around 7:30am :smile:
It's simply a case of getting there early.:sadnod: First few weeks seems to be the worst of it, and after that things settle into a routine. The problems lies in the uni getting rid of a large car park, but keeping the same number of permits available. So there are far too many permits for the number of spaces on offer. Now they have secured parking on a nearby golf course, but it makes me much more grateful that I don't drive.:redface:

Also Deyesy, surprised I haven't met you yet since I'm going past Dorothy Hodgkin all the time now that I've moved rooms.:ninja:
Reply 4
The car parking is bad but arriving an hour before ur lectures should give u enough time to fond a space, worse case u end up parking in newcastle and catching the bus in

Quick Reply

Latest