The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
pretty much the same as you but didn't go that deep into it lol. By the sounds of it you definitely improved!
Resat Units 1 and 3.

Unit 1 was okay-did electoral systems and pressure groups.

Question (c) for pressure groups:frown: .Wasn't happy about it.Because I spent so much time on electoral systems,had only 10 minutes to do (c) so just wrote bullet points with examples?How many marks do you think I will get without explanation for (c) out of 30?I think maybe 7?

Unit 3-constitutional reform-was great:biggrin:

Went great-hopefully can get an A in this unit so B overall for AS irrelvant of Unit 1.
Reply 42
I did Unit 1 - and Q1 which was Political Parties, and Q2 which was Direct and Representative Democracy.

I'm not looking forward to the results. I knew all the answers, however an hour was certainly not enough for me. Lack of time caused me to start panicing and I kept getting a mental block. Really strange as I'm never nervous about exams!

Oh well.
Reply 43
kitty_ramone
Vix, hope you got my rep message lol :biggrin:.

woohoooo. :cool: I'll rep you back just because we're so awesome.
i'm reading all these posts now on unit one and it's taking my grade down a few notches haha!

i only gave a one sided arguement for the Unit One C question on pressure groups, damn :frown:

god i love retakes
Reply 45
I re-sat unit 2 and completed the exam with 4 minutes to spare, that beats my first attempt where i just started the last question with 9 minutes to spare! Every point i made i used recent relevant examples to back up my point, both from the UK, USA and France. In the essay questions i made sure i made no less than 3 points, arguing both sides with a conclusion. I revised really hard for A questions, ensuring i completed them within 2minutes, giving me a lot of time for B and C questions.

I found the questions really easy too, how is UK parliamentary (i did 3 points+explantion), how has the UK constitution been criticized? (I did 3 big points+explanation+implication+evaluation+1 small point) how representative is parliament (i did big 4 points+explantion+implication+evaulation)

I’m confident I’ll get a high A, borderline A/B in the worst case scenario. I am happy.

Latest