A question to all the girls that are attracted to other girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Whether you are openly gay and have been for some time, or you just know it I would like to know, when did you have your first kiss?
How old were you?
How old were you when you first realised the attraction?
The first person you fancied, were they the first person you kissed?
Personally and strangely (because kids dont really feel attracted to people and I knew nothing about love or anything) but I think I was attracted to girls from a child. Definitely at 9 maybe not before that, I think from 9 onwards.
My sexuality? I don't know. I am attracted to girls, a little to guys, I dont really trust guys but I think when I meet the right one I will and that I will probably lead a heterosexual life. But I can't say I'm not curious. I had my first crush when I was 11. It went badly, I don't wanna say too much but I told the wrong person, the entire school found out and I was given a hard time for several years, people still hate me for it and I didn't actually do anything to anyone. My friends didn't even believe it or listen to any of it so I've kinda gotten over it in that respect but what I really want to say is from when I was 11 to now being 18, I've been thinking and thinking about it but I haven't had my first kiss.
I don't really want much more to happen, but I think it will be years yet before I get to have my first kiss. But then if I enjoy it (which I think I will) I might want more but I don't really want to think about that.
So back to my questions...lol
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
I kissed a girl when I was 17. I wouldn't consider myself gay or bi though. It's just something that happened..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I kissed a girl when I was 17. I wouldn't consider myself gay or bi though. It's just something that happened..
Okay.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i consider myself straight, because i have only ever loved guys. but i do feel sexual attraction to girls. i've had relationships with women but they just don't work out because of the female personality.

your first kiss?
i assume you mean with a girl, that would be when i was about 11.
How old were you when you first realised the attraction?
i don't know exactly. but i've never really differentiated between girls and boys in a sexual way. when i used to watch films i would often say i wanted to marry the ladies and i did understand what i was saying.

The first person you fancied, were they the first person you kissed?
the first person i really fancied in real life was a kid in my year 4 class. i never kissed him. he turned out to be gay

out of interest, why are you asking about this stuff? to try to figure yourself out?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by death.drop)
i consider myself straight, because i have only ever loved guys. but i do feel sexual attraction to girls. i've had relationships with women but they just don't work out because of the female personality.

i assume you mean with a girl, that would be when i was about 11.

i don't know exactly. but i've never really differentiated between girls and boys in a sexual way. when i used to watch films i would often say i wanted to marry the ladies and i did understand what i was saying.

the first person i really fancied in real life was a kid in my year 4 class. i never kissed him. he turned out to be gay

out of interest, why are you asking about this stuff? to try to figure yourself out?
Yeah, I guess, my first intention was to have some idea of how long I might have to wait until my first kiss (with a girl).
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well that's going to vary person to person anyway. and a lot of it will depend on what kind of person you are and how open you are with people about how you feel about them.
if i hadn't known that the girl i kissed was debating her sexuality there's almost no chance i would have kissed her.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The only thing I can answer is "How old were you when you discovered the attraction?", because I've never done anything about it, and never will. The answer, anyway, is when I was about 15-16.

The reason I will never do anything about it is that (a) I'm a Christian, (b) I'm practically married to my boyfriend, who I adore and (c) it's purely a sexual attraction - I would never want a relationship with a girl, and the idea of a one-night stand is not something that would really appeal to me IRL.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by *ellen marine*)
The only thing I can answer is "How old were you when you discovered the attraction?", because I've never done anything about it, and never will. The answer, anyway, is when I was about 15-16.

The reason I will never do anything about it is that (a) I'm a Christian, (b) I'm practically married to my boyfriend, who I adore and (c) it's purely a sexual attraction - I would never want a relationship with a girl, and the idea of a one-night stand is not something that would really appeal to me IRL.
I am Christian too, hence why I'm not telling anyone.
I wouldn't have a one nice stand either.
Anonymous #1
I can generally ignore it. Until I see a girl kissing another girl on tv for example. Which isn't often but it is enough to make me start dwelling on it again.
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't have a one nice stand either.
There's nothing wrong (within the bounds of Christianity, to my knowledge) with having feelings like that; but some branches will tell you that it's wrong to act on those feelings. I understand why you might not want to discuss it if you've had a hard time in the past, though.
Anonymous #1
But then again, acting on it, it might make it go away, because I would know what it's like. It might just be the curiosity driving me crazy because I've been curious for 7 years and nothing has happened.
I dunno, I'll see what happens and I won't worry about it.
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good attitude.

Good luck figuring out what you want!
Anonymous #1
I admit it is highly a physical thing but I do connect wth girls which makes sense as I am one. But I do connect with guys too, but as I said, the thought of a guy touching me. Even my arm. I'd shudder.
An example this guy, we were meant to be going out but nothing really happened and ended before it started. We went to see a film, at one point, he put his hand on my knee/thigh, I JUMPED, I dunno if he noticed, it was more like a twitch, but I felt SCARED for a second, I know that. If it were a girl, it wouldn't bother me at all, I'd be very comfortable.
Think I just need to get over my fear of guys.
But I kinda need to work out why Im scared of intimacy with guys...
sounds like I need councilling. I dont think I do, not yet anyway. It hasn't been a real problem (yet).
I'll see what happens.
jointhedots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think if you're happy not acting on it then there's not really a problem. It's only a problem if you want to and feel as though you can't, because that's not being fair on yourself and (I imagine) it'd lead to you feel pretty crap about yourself in the long run.

Perhaps you're just not very comfortable with the idea of any kind of physical relationship yet? Which again is fine, everyone comes to things in their own time.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not meaning to turn this into a religious debate or anything.....

i don't know exactly what you believe in but in my opinion (as someone who used to be a Christian but isn't anymore) is that Christianity is mainly about being a good person. you can still be a good person and be gay. also if you're gay, you're gay. the only thing that changes by not acting on it is that you won't ever live your life as yourself.
ticos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

i don't know exactly what you believe in but in my opinion (as someone who used to be a Christian but isn't anymore) is that Christianity is mainly about being a good person. you can still be a good person and be gay. also if you're gay, you're gay. the only thing that changes by not acting on it is that you won't ever live your life as yourself.
agreed (and I'm not christian or gay).
ticos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To the OP:

I read in bliss magazine ages ago (lol) that when we're younger we fancy girls as a kind of 'trial run' for guys. I don't know how experienced you are with guys, but if you're not very experienced then maybe your feelings for girls are just waiting to be replaced for feelings for guys? I don't know. Bit of a weird theory, I know.

If I were you, I would just 'go with the flow' (easier said than done, I know). Sooner or later and opportuity will arise with either a guy or a girl in which you will feel comfortable. Only then will you know how your truely feel. If you're not very experienced then your confusion may stem from this.

Your originaly post seemed to say that you like girls but could imagine yourself liking guys. Maybe you're bi?
Anonymous #1

I couldn't agree more, but I am...god-fearing.
God won't accept me if I'm gay.
Anonymous #1
I guess I am bi.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I couldn't agree more, but I am...god-fearing.
God won't accept me if I'm gay.
god made you that way.
and not acting on it doesn't make it go away
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads