The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nah.

Where i live it has far too many nationalistic connotations.

Except during the football, of course.
lol, no.
Reply 3
Nah the swastika and the SS flag have too many nationalist connotations, apparently, who knew?
Reply 4
I have a little Scottish one and a big Czech one. I only use the big one for making tents.
Reply 5
I have a Wales one :smile: It's up on my wall at uni.
Reply 6
I have one sewn on my uniform (Union Jack), but not a big fly-ey one.
Reply 7
Anyway, back to me: I've got loads. National, subnational, a personal banner of arms. It's becoming a bit of a mad collection.

The best one has to be my massive Union Jack: 10x6ft (military proportions), all sewn, of questionable origin, but apparently utilised once for a production of HMS Pinafore. Slightly silly and useless, since it's obviously too big to fly or even put up on my wall.
Reply 8
If it was once used for a production of HMS Pinafore, that makes the ownership of it worth it :smile:
That sounds like quite a fun collection. Is it a family banner of arms?

Actually I keep meaning to try and get a small Union Jack, but either can't find one, or don't have money to get one.
Aula
If it was once used for a production of HMS Pinafore, that makes the ownership of it worth it :smile:

Actually I keep meaning to try and get a small Union Jack, but either can't find one, or don't have money to get one.

Order on an Arab website. They nearly always have them in stock, its the most popular model after the US and Israeli ones...
L i b
Hello. Delightfully pointless question: do you own a national flag? Have you ever flown one from your house/flat/flagpole?
I had a saltire, a lion rampant and a union jack but I've only got the jack left: lost the other two on or after the Scotland - Italy match.!:mad: They've only ever been on my ceiling :p:
Reply 11
Aula

Ah (goes into heraldry bore mode) there's no such thing! Arms in the UK are entirely individual and can only be held by one person. While the arms of an individual are always based on similar themes, no two are the same.

(sorry, but I had to... eurgh, I feel a bit dirty now)

Anyway, yeah, it's a personal one. Got it (along with the grant from the Lord Lyon) as a birthday present from the parents. The design's quite cool - a fret with roses etc. Came out well, good colours. I'd be too scared to actually put it on a pole though!

Ebay.:biggrin:
Reply 12
George Agdgdgwngo
I had a saltire, a lion rampant and a union jack but I've only got the jack left: lost the other two on or after the Scotland - Italy match.!:mad: I've only even flown them on my ceiling :p:

I used to have a Soviet one that ended up disappearing in the direction of a couple of lefties in my halls back in first year. Doubt I'll ever see that back again.
L i b
I used to have a Soviet one that ended up disappearing in the direction of a couple of lefties in my halls back in first year. Doubt I'll ever see that back again.
:hahaha: At least you have a remote idea where it went. I struggle to remember ripping them down. :p:
Reply 14
I'd love to know who it is that goes to all those music festivals carrying the toaster flag or the badger (from the badger-mushroom thing) one. Surprised they haven't lost them yet.
Reply 15
I've got an england flag my scottish mate got me for christmas, however I only go really patriotic during football/rugby/sometimes cricket.

It's on my wall at uni :biggrin:
Reply 16
L i b
Ah (goes into heraldry bore mode) there's no such thing! Arms in the UK are entirely individual and can only be held by one person. While the arms of an individual are always based on similar themes, no two are the same.

I apologise. :p:

(sorry, but I had to... eurgh, I feel a bit dirty now)

no, actually I'm quite glad you did. It's interesting, and now there's a little bit more information I have :smile:

Ebay.:biggrin:

true... I don't know why, but I'm still not used to the fact that you can buy anything online now...
meh... I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point.
no, but if i was going to get one, i quite like the jamaican flag :smile:
Reply 18
Hahahahaha. No. I'd consider buying one to burn, though.
Reply 19
Yeah, I have the tricolour hung up on the wall where my headboard is.

Bought a German flag when I was in Berlin, but I can't find the bloody thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending