The Student Room Group

Graduate Diploma in Law Personal Statement for International Students

Hello, I am an international law student wishing to apply for GDL. Since I want to practice law in UK, it is the best option for me. The problem is with personal statement: what should I write in it concerning my future career plans? That I want to move to UK and to become a solicitor/barrister?:smile: While my commitment to law is clear and I can prove it, I have no idea how I could explain my GDL choice without mentioning that yes, I want to practice law in UK, evidently, I want to live there, no, there is no practical value in studying GDL and returning back afterwards... At the same time, I understand that it is not the best strategy.
Original post by Lily Russia
Hello, I am an international law student wishing to apply for GDL. Since I want to practice law in UK, it is the best option for me. The problem is with personal statement: what should I write in it concerning my future career plans? That I want to move to UK and to become a solicitor/barrister?:smile: While my commitment to law is clear and I can prove it, I have no idea how I could explain my GDL choice without mentioning that yes, I want to practice law in UK, evidently, I want to live there, no, there is no practical value in studying GDL and returning back afterwards... At the same time, I understand that it is not the best strategy.

What country are you from?

Getting on a GDL shouldnt be hard as long as you have reasonable grades. I dont see why mentioning you have an ambition to qualify as being a bad thing? Why do you think so? Your emphasis should still be on why you want to study Law.

Do not underestimate the competitiveness to train as well as potential immigration issues you may have in establishing a career in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending