Ko35
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What's the difference between a BA and BSc in Finance? Is one better than the another?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is literally no way to determine this from the degree title alone. Some BSc courses MAY be more quantitative than some BA courses, but this varies immensely - at some universities you can get a BSc or a BA by pursuing the exact same degree course, and the end award depends on what you register for. Oxbridge only awards BA degrees - while they don't have a "Finance" course, they both have Mathematics courses with finance related options, as well as E&M at Oxford, and Economics and/or Management Studies at Cambridge. They're still fairly quantitative regardless of the BA title.

Look at the course content and see what the similarities and differences are, and decide which is better for you. In terms of employment, there is literally no difference. You could get a job at an investment bank with a BA in Underwater Basket Weaving if it was from Harvard (*I realise this would actually be an AB at Harvard but that's beside the point). Your degree title is irrelevant for these purposes, the content may have some bearing on it, but more than that what you do with it and make of it is much more important (and, for investment banking specifically, where you get it from).
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ko35)
What's the difference between a BA and BSc in Finance? Is one better than the another?
Virtually no employer cares about whether your degree is classified as a BA or a BSc so if you're thinking about this from an employment perspective, there's no difference. Some universities like Oxford issue BAs for virtually all of their degrees, regardless of quantitative content. The actual content matters far more, so make sure that the course you're studying will look at things that are of your interest and are useful for your ambitions in life first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest