username3515308
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have an account with SFE but will I need my passport updated to my new name before I can change it or will SFE just update it on the phone without evidence of name change? Just thought I'd ask here before calling.
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lukauu)
I have an account with SFE but will I need my passport updated to my new name before I can change it or will SFE just update it on the phone without evidence of name change? Just thought I'd ask here before calling.
Hi lukauu,

We need to see evidence of your change of name. In order for this to be updated you would need to send in a covering letter with the relevant evidence ie birth certificate, marriage certificate, decree absolute, decree nisi, change of name deed or statutory declaration.

We can accept clear photocopies of your evidence.

Regards,

Stuart
username3515308
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stuart SFE)
Hi lukauu,

We need to see evidence of your change of name. In order for this to be updated you would need to send in a covering letter with the relevant evidence ie birth certificate, marriage certificate, decree absolute, decree nisi, change of name deed or statutory declaration.

We can accept clear photocopies of your evidence.

Regards,

Stuart
Okay thanks very much, so I ring and get an email to send it to or do I send by post? Is a deed with two witnesses and my signatures acceptable proof?

Thank you
Shaun D SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay thanks very much, so I ring and get an email to send it to or do I send by post? Is a deed with two witnesses and my signatures acceptable proof?

Thank you
Hi lukauu,

It would be via the post. A deed poll letter is sufficient.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
username3515308
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shaun D SFE)
Hi lukauu,

It would be via the post. A deed poll letter is sufficient.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Thanks very much. May I get the address this would be dealt with at? Can I just send my deed poll and covering letter without calling?
Shaun D SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks very much. May I get the address this would be dealt with at? Can I just send my deed poll and covering letter without calling?
Hi Lukauu,

The address is:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

A covering letter with name and reference number along with the evidence will be perfect.

Thanks,

Shaun.
Dansailorx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How long does it take to update on the system
SFE Rebecca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dansailorx)
How long does it take to update on the system

Hi,

This may take up to 29 working days to update based on our current workflows.

Thanks, Rebecca.
CGM1971
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The SFE no longer accept evidence and a covering letter to change a customer’s name. Now a change of circumstances form must be submitted.
SFE Tegan
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CGM1971)
The SFE no longer accept evidence and a covering letter to change a customer’s name. Now a change of circumstances form must be submitted.
Hi,

To change the name on a student's account we only require evidence of this change such as a deed poll and a cover letter.

Thanks, Tégan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.24%
12.4%
12.28%
18.03%
23.19%
19.86%

Watched Threads