The Student Room Group

Cannot get level 2 Apprenticeship, overqualified?

Hello all,

I have been applying for level 2 apprenticeships as I have been told that they are a prerequisite for a level 3 apprenticeship. I have been unsuccessful in all my interviews, which has baffled me because I have good GCSE grades, work experience, volunteering experience, teamwork skills and my level of communication from feedback has been said to be great. I haven't been declined the chance to go to an interview. I don't know if it has something to do with me mentioning how I would like to work within the organisation and move onto a management role, as it might make me appear "too ambitious" and I might consider other opportunities if given them.

I was able to secure a level 2 apprenticeship the first time around with just predicted grades. This apprenticeship ended because the company was going through restructuring by the end of September and the staff were too busy to provide me with the training I needed. My question is that am I too qualified to be considered for a level 2 apprenticeship, or is competition tough for positions like this?

TLDR: Have everything require for level 2 Apprenticeship, cannot get level 2 apprentice, wondering if level 3 will be better for me

Note: This is meant for an Apprenticeship thread but I am new here so I have put it here instead

Quick Reply

Latest