Whats going on with women these days?

Watch
davsm90
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Why are there so many women accusing men of sexual harassment on the news now? I do understand that some people are honestly harassed, but i have noticed that it is becoming a "trend" to get more women into higher paid jobs.
It seems like society is against men nowadays, and being a white male under 30 is like being public enemy number 1!
There are much more female's in higher paid jobs such as doctors, police and news presenters. There are more women at university and more female mp's and there are even female only jobs. I do not like to watch the news anymore as all they speak about are womens issues and this all seems a bit creepy to me.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your view of the world is deeply warped.
davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volibear)
Tell me more
Im just saying all the news and media is making out that men are the enemy, telling half truths.
There's nothing left for us good guys, i have chosen to never have a relationship with anyone im better off alone.
davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Your view of the world is deeply warped.
Maybe most people are just blind to the truth
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Women are wonderful.

Men are bad.

The reason is women exhibit more in-group preferences by gender whereas men don't, men will snub other men to get a woman employed if he finds her attractive. Desperate, craven men will do anything such as feign a belief in feminism for the sake of female approval in the vain hope of getting to sleep with a female. Haven't you noticed how all those accused post-Weinstein effect tend to be self-professed feminists?
davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hirsty97)
Women are wonderful.

Men are bad.

That's it.
So what you are saying is that good guys are meant to feel like they are bad?
moonwilt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How, may I ask, do you think that accusing a person of sexual harassment will get a woman into a higher paid job?
If anything many of the women (and men, just people in general, as sexual harassment is not just against women) who have spoken out against sexual harassers are brave to do so, as they are put under the spotlight, often accused of being liars and attention-seekers, or even forced out of their jobs. I think that instead of it being a 'trend' as you put it, people are seeing others do so and realising that it is now a safer time and space to come out with their stories without fear of being shunned. Or, perhaps I should say a decreased fear of being shunned, as people like you clearly still believe people are doing it for higher earnings rather than for their safety, for the safety of others, and for justice.
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by davsm90)
Why are there so many women accusing men of sexual harassment on the news now? I do understand that some people are honestly harassed, but i have noticed that it is becoming a "trend" to get more women into higher paid jobs.
It seems like society is against men nowadays, and being a white male under 30 is like being public enemy number 1!
There are much more female's in higher paid jobs such as doctors, police and news presenters. There are more women at university and more female mp's and there are even female only jobs. I do not like to watch the news anymore as all they speak about are womens issues and this all seems a bit creepy to me.
Attention seeking?
davsm90
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=moonwilt;74847166]How, may I ask, do you think that accusing a person of sexual harassment will get a woman into a higher paid job?

Women who work on tv like news reporters, if they get rid of the men there would be more female's controlling what we see on tv.
davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Huw M Thomas)
Attention seeking?
Huh?
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You apparently being one of them...
Huw M Thomas
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trying to destroy a man's reputation?
minertommy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's because they're not in the kitchen

Spoiler:
Show

incoming angry feminists

davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Huw M Thomas)
Trying to destroy a man's reputation?
Yes thats true.
GreenBell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Now you know how women felt all of these years in a male dominated society. It's not becoming a trend. Women have always been sexually harassed, it's just that people didn't care so women never 'announced it'. Now that men can get trouble and women are finally being taken seriously, all the sexually harassed women are coming out.

But I do agree with you that some women might do it on purpose to get revenge or money since they know that it's being taken seriously now.
MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or maybe you are
Golden State
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess you could say that our moral standards have changed. What was acceptable 10, or 20 years ago is no longer accepted these days. Just look at the Ben Affleck video, at first Hilarie Burton laughed it off, and never made a big deal about it, because society normalised such behaviour. But, now it's considered to be predatory behaviour, and abuse of power, which is why more Women are coming out.
MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Golden State)
I guess you could say that our moral standards have changed. What was acceptable 10, or 20 years ago is no longer accepted these days. Just look at the Ben Affleck video, at first Hilarie Burton laughed it off, and never made a big deal about it, because society normalised such behaviour. But, now it's considered to be predatory behaviour, and abuse of power, which is why more Women are coming out.
With the Ben Affleck video, I'm pretty sure that Hilarie Burton was uncomfortable with what he was doing 100%. But she didn't say anything because he's Ben Affleck and he had more power in the film industry than her, so he'd get much more support?
davsm90
Rep:
?
(Original post by MiracleLeaf)
Or maybe you are
Oh really, women have more than men in today's society
Golden State
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MiracleLeaf)
With the Ben Affleck video, I'm pretty sure that Hilarie Burton was uncomfortable with what he was doing 100%. But she didn't say anything because he's Ben Affleck and he had more power in the film industry than her, so he'd get much more support?
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's an example of an abuse of power. Basically, Hilarie was a young, unknown intern at the time, being sexually harassed by a Powerful A-List Actor. She laughed it off, as she knew nothing would be done about it. But, now that our moral standards have changed, people like her are more comfortable in taking about being harassed by powerful individuals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.4%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.76%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (21)
17.07%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.13%

Watched Threads