a guy/mate prob Watch

This discussion is closed.
angelx
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
well don't judge it on his signs, first some guys are shy and can give the wrong signs like think they're cool by avoiding you and not giving you signs on purpose

also he might just think you're friends but if you say you want there to be more, he can change his mind

it's like that for me, girls can swap between friends and potential gf material if the girl shows interest in me.
ye i do know that some guys r v shy and prefer not to show their feelings but like she said they r VERY GOOD MATES so it's very unlikely that he's gonna feel shy around her.

And plus u dont necessarily need to say u want more cos if he doesnt feel the same way then their friendship can be ruined. But droping hints is a more safe way and should encourage him to make his move or at least think bout the possibilty of them dating
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
ok, so i stupidly decided, a spur of the moment kind of thing to text this guy and tell him..... :eek: :confused: what was i thinking?!?!?

Anyway, this was at about 5:30pm, 7 hours ago - i've been at work but as far as i know he hasn't replied/got in touch so am scared now but it could just be me being paranoid because i know he has no credit and has been at work.

AHHHHHHHHHHH why am i so stupid??? :mad:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crazy_cutie44)
ok, so i stupidly decided, a spur of the moment kind of thing to text this guy and tell him..... :eek: :confused: what was i thinking?!?!?

This was at about 5:30pm, 7 hours ago - he hasn't replied so am scared now but it could just be me being paranoid because i know he has no credit and has been at work.

AHHHHHHHHHHH why am i so stupid??? :mad:
I've just read this thread from the start..
..I wouldn't panic just yet! - will you be seeing him tomorrow? It's times like these you start to think the worst and stuff, but you neednt worry yet, like you said, he's probably out of credit - I always am!!
You could ring him? It's not too late? Something like "I hope I haven't took you too much by surprise, but I had to be truthful.." wouldn't hurt that much! Hopefully you'd get a pleasant surprise?
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
he def hasnt got credit because he was using my phone earlier. might be seeing him tomorrow, he was going to come down the pub with a couple of my mates but i'm meant to be arranging it with him - kinda hard now he's not talking to me :rolleyes:

i'm just scared i've ruined what we had with one stupid message
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm just scared i've ruined what we had with one stupid message
I don't think you'll have done that, try not to worry!

TBH - I've never experienced this situation, but I can kinda appreciate what you're feeling @ the moment. If you have feelings you've got to show them, haven't you?! You can't keep them locked away, I think you did the best thing in texting him

Maybe you should ring? If you're that good friends anyway it won't be that weird to pick up the phone, but can understand that you're probably worried he's totally freaked out by your message - I doubt he is!
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
hmm, his phone is off?! so he is either still at work-he shouldn't be, or he has gone to sleep?! either way i can't talk to him, ahhhhhhh!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm, his phone is off?! so he is either still at work-he shouldn't be, or he has gone to sleep?! either way i can't talk to him, ahhhhhhh!
crikey - what sort of job does this boy have! In a club or something?

Why don't you walk around to his house and camp outside until you see him - there's no chance he can ignore you then!!
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Lol - i'm sure he'd find a way :rolleyes:

well i'm off but cheers, i don't feel as paranoid now.

i'll just have to see what happens tomorrow :eek: x
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's no problem Barbie

You'll get him tomorrow, don't be worryin' about it

Sleep well

Dan!
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I fell in love with my bestfriend too! And I told him too! And it wasn't a fairytale ending, I said "I really like you, will you go out with me?" and he said "NO.".
And I asked him every few months for the next 1 and a half years because you can tell when there's a spark yknow? Then I gave up, and agreed to go out with one of the other guys who'd been pestering me for a date and Matthew got really upset haha. Then lots of things happened and he confessed a lot, and now we've been together for about 9 months.

Okay there is a point to this story; even if he doesn't respond immediately to your advances it doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Matthew told me he loved me around the first time I asked him out, but he was scared to say yes because I have a playgirl rep. and he thought I was messing.

If you feel a connection with this guy then there may very well be one! There just might be other reasons he isn't being as easy as you'd like.

So don't panic about having ruined things...!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that's well a cool ending!
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Danyul)
that's well a cool ending!
Hard-earned more like hahaha.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sounds it!!

I've been with my GF 19th months to the day.. still remember the first date!
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sounds it!!

I've been with my GF 19th months to the day.. still remember the first date!
19 months is ages...! Congrats! We started "dating" before we were actually dating so I can't pinpoint my first date exactly... does that even make sense?! I remember the first time I saw him though, more than 2 years ago! Love at first sight haha
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe, thank you

This time next year we'll be heading off to different Universities.. we'll have to see! oOOooOo believer in love at first sight, are we?
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe, thank you

This time next year we'll be heading off to different Universities.. we'll have to see! oOOooOo believer in love at first sight, are we?
Lust at first site more like, but it turned into love! Matthew's heading off to Loughborough this October and I'm taking a gap year, pretty big changes! He left the country (Brunei) to go home to the UK 2 months ago though and it's all been smoooth sailing. I have high hopes haha.

I'm hoping to go to King's next year, but honestly the distance between London and Loughborough is a LOT less than the distance between Loughborough and Uni of Sydney (where I was supposed ot start in February!)
I'm not complaining
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by justcallmefoxxy)
Lust at first site more like, but it turned into love! Matthew's heading off to Loughborough this October and I'm taking a gap year, pretty big changes! He left the country (Brunei) to go home to the UK 2 months ago though and it's all been smoooth sailing. I have high hopes haha.

I'm hoping to go to King's next year, but honestly the distance between London and Loughborough is a LOT less than the distance between Loughborough and Uni of Sydney (where I was supposed ot start in February!)
I'm not complaining
hehe. My Girlfriends cousin is studying @ Loughborough come this October. Funnily enough I hope to be studying @ Nottingham this time next year, which is like right near to Loughborough!

Count yourself lucky to be going Kings, eh :cool:
AcerBen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hope it works out for you It's the best thing to tell him although it might have been better to tell it to his face. Even if he doesn't fancy you at all, I'm sure he's still going to want to be your friend. If something like that is enough to make him not like you any more he's a bit of a loser anyway
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
i'm still trying to get in touch with him, i have just finished work and think he is working so not getting anywhere!?!
its not going to happen-i messed up
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
rule 1. never say stuff that important in texts
rule 2. if you break rule 1, don't act obsessed with him
rule 3. if you break rule 2, move onto next guy and begin at rule 1. again.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (2)
33.33%
Pro-humanity (4)
66.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise