The Student Room Group

Major A level maths help

I need serious help. So currently I’m in m y A2 year and so far maths has been really easy. Im understanding everything in c3 and s1 and it’s all good. My exam board is OCR MEI and I’ve done a few past papers and I did really well averaging 87%+. Today I had a C3 mock and it was the 2017 paper and oh my god it was super difficult. My issue is that I perform well in class and I’m past papers but don’t in the actual exam which was my issue last year. Please I need some strong advice here
do you mark yourself very harshely doing papers and do you actually do them timed conditions and go over your mistakes? A lot of people make mistakes of ''oh i coulda got that in the exam, lemme just give myself the marks anyway'' which are easy marks to trip up on as you aren't learning from your mistake. And although it was hard im sure grade boundaries are low for 2017?
Reply 2
Original post by Oxbridge_
do you mark yourself very harshely doing papers and do you actually do them timed conditions and go over your mistakes? A lot of people make mistakes of ''oh i coulda got that in the exam, lemme just give myself the marks anyway'' which are easy marks to trip up on as you aren't learning from your mistake. And although it was hard im sure grade boundaries are low for 2017?

Normally I get the answer that literally repeated in the mark scheme, so yes I do mark it harshly. Is there ways where I can prepare my self for these really hard papers or what
do solomon and iygb papers, you can find them on physics and maths tutor, they're a bit harder than what you'd find in an a level exam so you're pretty prepared for anything after that (although for C3 2017 you needed 69/90 (including coursework) for an A which seems decent)

Quick Reply

Latest