The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
i got:

76/90 - phy 4 edexcel: disappointed because its my first under 90% in all maths and physics modules, and i have no idea what went wrong. It was a nasty exam though with very few calculations. Any one else think so?

100/100 - OCR M3: this is funny because i thought this went worst, and im sure i got a part of the las question wrong

100/100 - OCR C3: yay

95/100 - OCR C4: i thought i would get 100 after the exam, but oh well. I must have made a mistake in those stupid equating coefficients.
I got 54, just a C :frown: I'm really upset, all my practice papers were A/B, I got straight As in all my modules last year, and I really thought the exam went well. I was quite ill at the time but I certainly don't think I did that badly. I've read plenty of C-grade answers and I genuinely think my answer was of a higher standard. I don't know what to do... If I resit it's going to mean a horrible, horrible day of clashes in June. In theory I only need a C overall this year to still get an A, but it's quite a risk not resitting in case the same thing happens with the synoptic.
Reply 262
I did terribly.

B in History- not bad I guess, was hoping for an A though.
C in English Lit- very disappointed, wanted a B or an A
E in Maths- surprised because I didn't think I'd even pass.
E in Anatomy and Physiology (PE)- not totally unexpected
C in Contemporary Studies (PE)- Disappointing.

Re-sits in all I feel, Deep Joy.
Reply 263
Pretty pleased really!
chem unit 4 (edexcel) - A,
biology unit 3 (edexcel, weird school policy not to finish AS until jan of A2s) - A,
mechanics 1 (ocr mei) - A (97/100)

I was scared of having to resit chemistry.. urgh the heaps of reactions..
Reply 264
Spire
Btw does anyone know if the ums marks they tell u have been scaled up to 100? Or are they just out of what they say on the paper? For example, for my FFE mark it said 77, now is that 77/90 or 77/100?

each module is out of a certain number of ums marks...(as far as im aware)
so just go on to the website for the exam bord and check to see what the module is out of...and you need 80% in the ums to get an A. all the scaling is done when they turn the raw marks into ums
Just wondering if people are thrilled or think they could have done better.
Please for the love of god use the green threads.
Reply 267
i got 97/100 IN CORE 1 :biggrin::eek: :eek:
lol dropped three mark :rolleyes:

but now got my A in As level

And got 70/90 in chemistry chains rings and specs so im on roll to get that B as i was 2 marks of A
:eek: :eek:
:biggrin::biggrin:

summer bring it on
Reply 268
thereddevil
What everyone get?

I got 86/100 so v. happy

100/100!

I'm very pleased, rather understandably! :smile:
Reply 269
Joanna May
I'm super happy! Gone from BBBC to AAAB :biggrin: Just emailed the two universities I'm still waiting on to tell them, hopefully they#ll be more likely to take me now!

lol i know the feeling

ive gone from BBCC to AAAA. So happy
steve2006
lol i know the feeling

wow i read all your previous threads, and i heard about how hard you've worked. Well done mate, you seem to deserve this!
Reply 272
Jesus, looking at the results thread, TSR attracts some of the most ridiculously pretentious people going. People with 85-90 marks furious and immediately preparing to retake? Seriously, what does getting the extra marks add to your qualification? An A is an A.

As for my resits... well, they served their purpose. Bumped up my B modules to As, and scored pretty well in my A2 modules. I'm happy, but I probably should have put in a bit more effort. Looks like I'll just have to keep up (or rather, start) the hard work for summer!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Our teachers REFUSED to give us our results, saying that they werent allowed because they haven't yet been moderated!? Wtf? I'm so p*****d off, every other single school has them! We also have a training day tommorow so I'm not gonna know them for blummin ages.
100% x2 :smile:. I'm happy.
By my standards, I basically failed.

My AS results, first exams-

A in psychology - 83/100
C in C1 maths - 63/100
C in D1 maths- 63/100
D in C2 maths - 59/100
D in Physics1- 45/90

So basically I did crap. I'm retaking two of the maths (C1 and C2) and, because I'm doing S1, D2 and C3 this summer, I'll probably just use my results from S1 to complete the AS level, since they've got to be better than my D1. Physics I expected to be bad- not a single person in our class got an A, so that's a reflection of how difficult we all found it. And yes, I'm disappointed in psychology. I expected to be in the 90's, because it was the only exam that I was even slightly confident of. I do want to retake it, but I don't think my teachers will let me, which is fair enough.

I just don't know what to do now. There go my dreams of going to a good university...
94 in AS politics and 65 in AS Economics, revised for neither, shame it shows on one of them, loving it
steve2006
lol i know the feeling

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 278
i only sat one exam and im happy with my C to be honest, means i dont have to resit it.
SylverStrike
By my standards, I basically failed.

My AS results, first exams-

A in psychology - 83/100
C in C1 maths - 63/100
C in D1 maths- 63/100
D in C2 maths - 59/100
D in Physics1- 45/90

So basically I did crap. I'm retaking two of the maths (C1 and C2) and, because I'm doing S1, D2 and C3 this summer, I'll probably just use my results from S1 to complete the AS level, since they've got to be better than my D1. Physics I expected to be bad- not a single person in our class got an A, so that's a reflection of how difficult we all found it. And yes, I'm disappointed in psychology. I expected to be in the 90's, because it was the only exam that I was even slightly confident of. I do want to retake it, but I don't think my teachers will let me, which is fair enough.

I just don't know what to do now. There go my dreams of going to a good university...

You're in Y12.. you can change all that by June. Don't be a pessimist, show me some bubbleheaded optimism :p:

Latest