Feel i could have done better
    23.39%
    Okay i suppose
    23.10%
    Over the moon!!
    37.43%

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,
    my school just gave me the result, but I don't know what the mark was out of!

So I was wondering if people knew what the totals for these modules were:

AQA - English Language A - ENA1 (On the site it said 70, but I got 82? )
    OCR - Govt. And Politics - 2597
    OCR - Religious Studies - 2760A (Foundation)

If anyone could provide the information, I would be very grateful.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like responses to this, had my results for AS today.

In AQA English NTB1 Town and Country, Attitudes and Values exam, my class all came out today with Ds and below. I got an E and there were U's too.

But the point is that in all the practice essays that myself and my class produced for our class teachers, they marked them all at at least D grade and above so I can't see how so many of my class went wrong.

Out of my class of 23/4 there were only 3 A grades and no, Bs, Cs, a few Ds and rest all E's and U's.
    How could so many of us do so badly when our teachers marked us quite highly

Would it be wise to appeal against the exam board in this case, I find it hard to contemplate how the whole class went so wrong, let alone myself.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if we can access them online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative)
    You're in Y12.. you can change all that by June. Don't be a pessimist, show me some bubbleheaded optimism :p:
    Yeah, but at this rate I'm going to be taking 13 exams in June! Noes! Though, I have to admit, the general consensus at my Sixth Form was that there were very few A's around (in Year 12, at least). I still wish I could've done better, though. Thanks for the encouragement, anyway.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica7790)
    me 2 lol i duno whether 2 retake it or not im too lazy lol. what did you get last year? xxx
    hi b for as= unit1 high a, unit2 high b, unit3 c, unit 4 low c... i'm pissed as i need and want a! did work alott. how did you do in as? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EagleHawk)
    Hi people,

I found this page for the AQA exams : http://www.aqa.org.uk/news/GRADE_BOUNDARIES.PDF

ReputationRep:
    This is Jan 2008
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JAN08.PDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Anyone else doing Religious studies??
    I think they were harshly marked this year, I did two re-sits and got a B (75) and a C (68) - I only increased my overall AS grade by three marks!! arrrg
    ocr? i ended up getting same results- two c's one was few marks less than previous, they were retakes.. i definately agree that ocr RS was hard papers but i did expect b in foundation retake xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _safinho_)
    This is Jan 2008
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JAN08.PDF
    I think that shows roughly raw marks rather than UMS marks, which I think is what we received today.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information. It proved very useful. Turns out I was 2 marks off an A. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    ocr? i ended up getting same results- two c's one was few marks less than previous, they were retakes.. i definately agree that ocr RS was hard papers but i did expect b in foundation retake xx

I thought the papers were very hard. Out of the 10 of us that do RS in my school we had:

1 A
    3 B's
    3 C's
    1 D
    2 E's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylverStrike)
    Yeah, but at this rate I'm going to be taking 13 exams in June! Noes! Though, I have to admit, the general consensus at my Sixth Form was that there were very few A's around (in Year 12, at least). I still wish I could've done better, though. Thanks for the encouragement, anyway.:p:
    13 AS exams is a cakewalk, I had around 15 last year and I'm not too bright but I still managed to get As. Besides... if 13 exams gets you down, just look at TSR and pity those with 20+ :p:. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

you have the same GCSE grades as me:p: also got the same in sciences,maths,englishes and french too! i didn't do history and RS gcse though.. lol just realised and thought:cool: xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative)
    13 AS exams is a cakewalk, I had around 15 last year and I'm not too bright but I still managed to get As. Besides... if 13 exams gets you down, just look at TSR and pity those with 20+ :p:. You'll be fine.
    Yeah, TSR does put things into perspective, to say the least! I'll always wonder if I would've been much happier with my results had I never joined this site.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth getting a paper remarked if you were 3 marks off a boundary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    Well, if you mean 3 marks off a boundary for the whole subject (so for example, getting 237/300 instead of 240/300) then yes, you might as well. If you mean 3 marks off a boundary for just one paper, then it's unlikely to affect much but, personally, I'd do it anyway if I thought I deserved the grade.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the papers were very hard. Out of the 10 of us that do RS in my school we had:

1 A
    3 B's
    3 C's
    1 D
    2 E's
    that's really good i have the same amount of people in my class.. don't think anyone in our class got a for overall as though, few might have got b.. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    If your not taking any more papers for that a-level then yes.

If you're still taking papers then you can always earn the extra 3 marks on some other paper.

Grade boundaries don't really matter for each paper, they add up all the marks for all papers then give you a grade. well thats what I think.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been given them officially yet, but what I could see from my teacher's PC screen got an A in my first AS AQA Law module (98) and a C in first AQA Economics module (63 or something like that) ; couldn't see the English Lit or Maths though and im bricking it for the Maths one =/ .. anyone fancy doing us a favour & explaining the UMS marks and stuff cos I haven't got a clue about any of that lol

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anybody know the grade boundaries for Alevels taken with AQA?
    Can only find the Edexcel grade boundaries on the net..

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.