The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Changing Conditional to unconditional offer

Bangor has offered to change my conditional offer to unconditional provided i made them my firm choice.However, i only have predicted grades. If i do accept the offer and i didn't meet the course entry requirements, will they withdraw their unconditional offer?
Original post by NS_Bond007
Bangor has offered to change my conditional offer to unconditional provided i made them my firm choice.However, i only have predicted grades. If i do accept the offer and i didn't meet the course entry requirements, will they withdraw their unconditional offer?

These kinds of offers are becoming more frequent now. If you put them down as your firm uni, they'll inform UCAS who will change it to an unconditional. That means that you have a place regardless of your actual results. It would be treated the same as someone who has received a "genuine" unconditional (i.e. without having to make it a firm choice). They cannot withdraw their offer once you have accepted it as it's a legally-binding contract and they have to have good reason to revoke it (e.g. if you gained a criminal record before starting at their uni). Congratulations on the offer!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Hi NS_Bond007,

Great to hear this news, if you would like more information, why not contact our admissions team to discuss this. The contact details are in the link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/main/admissions/index.php.en

Hope this helps and all the best

Sera (Bangor University Official Rep)
Reply 3
Hi Sera,
In my conditional offer letter, there isn’t any ielts requirement mentioned. Does this mean i dont need to take ielts? However i do have gce(1119)-1A
Hi Sera,
In my conditional offer letter, there isn’t any ielts requirement mentioned. Does this mean i dont need to take ielts? However i do have gce(1119)-1A

Hi Bond007,

I would also recommend that you contact our admissions team, they will be able to give you the exact answer your looking for, please find the contact details in the link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/main/admissions/index.php.en

All the best :smile:

Sera

Quick Reply

Latest