CUSU Shadowing Scheme 2017-18 Watch

H.g.23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It annoyed me that the application only asked for age. I can’t remember if it was this one that asked for income. Because, not to excuse my poor performance, but I was going through some stuff during GCSEs which made it hard to personally concentrate
H.g.23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In the application did it ask for income. Can’t temeber if it was the Warwick or Cambridge one
AmmarTa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RedGiant)
It's not really a game of chance, it's whether or not you meet just the right set of criteria to be one of the 400 or so who will benefit the most from it
True, but there's most likely some random element to it as it is still determined by humans. We're not exactly infallible as a species
RedGiant
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AmmarTa)
True, but there's most likely some random element to it as it is still determined by humans. We're not exactly infallible as a species
Yes, but "11% chance" is inaccurate. By the time you have been sifted into the group that will benefit the most, the 'chance' (if at all) will be much greater.
AmmarTa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RedGiant)
Yes, but "11% chance" is inaccurate. By the time you have been sifted into the group that will benefit the most, the 'chance' (if at all) will be much greater.
That's true I suppose, that's put my worries to rest a bit.
AmmarTa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
11:30PM almost and yet no response :O
bookloverlolly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
11:30PM almost and yet no response :O
All of my hope is gone tbh
RedGiant
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guess the students in charge of CUSU are too busy to send out the emails
Erin240601
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't panic guys, I'm sure we'll be told by the end of this weekend, we all need to sleep!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AmmarTa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bookloverlolly)
All of my hope is gone tbh
To be quite honest I'm not even expecting it tomorrow. I did hope that a world-class institution would be able to hold a promise.
If not, at least have the decency to notify us of their delays and give a reason.
moomoobearr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well its officially the 16th, was anxious for nothing today;( maybe tomorrow?
je_nnas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I received an email this morning saying that i’ve been accepted into the CUSU shadowing scheme and was wondering if anyone else has.

The problem is I can’t remember what subject I applied for😂 I believe it was either English or Human, Social and Political Science.

Is anyone else doing the scheme and did anyone else apply for the same subjects? We can be friends so it’s not so scary when we go😊
leonicunningham
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just received an email confirming that I have a place, though it doesn't say for which subject or what date. It said that the system is currently down hence the delay and lack of information.
username1865079
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leonicunningham)
I just received an email confirming that I have a place, though it doesn't say for which subject or what date. It said that the system is currently down hence the delay and lack of information.
Those details will come later.
They need to organize with volunteering students who/when can be a mentor.

Congrats on getting a place.
username1865079
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Holy crap, an 11% chance. That's quite daunting.
A part of the reason is because too many people who are not really eligible for the scheme apply for it, taking a chance.
We’ve seen a few even in this forum.
Preciousxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I cant even remember what I put as my first choice! between Natural Sciences and Chemical Engineering
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leonicunningham)
(Original post by je_nnas)
I received this email this morning being accepted, has anyone else? Also has anyone been accepted who is doing Politics or English? Want to make some friends before I go so its less daunting lol
I’m so excited!
Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
bookloverlolly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I still have nothing...
bookloverlolly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I presume that, if emails are unofficial, only successful people have got an email?
lisbonsilk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
for the people that have been accepted so far - did your parents go to university?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (133)