How has the world changed for the past 10-15 years?

Watch
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Opinions and thoughts x
Texxers
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The rise of the bitcoin...
username3658866
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have grown up. My hair is longer and I am taller. I appreciate the beauty of cheese even more.
Nothing else has changed much.
kingpin x
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOldLion)
I have grown up. My hair is longer and I am taller. I appreciate the beauty of cheese even more.
Nothing else has changed much.
good to hear about that, but i was speaking about the world in general, not u
Mudannayaker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I remember when I used to walk to primary school with my mum, strangers would always say good morning to each other as they walked past- doesn't happen anymore.
username3658866
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Texxers)
The rise of the bitcoin...
Lol
delusional
Texxers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheOldLion)
Lol
delusional
Lol
Idiot
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1. Technology - we are close to a third industrial revolution.
2. Political polarization.
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by username3658866)
Lol
delusional
You're obviously too dumb to appreciate Bitcoin and even understand how it works.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
more nanny state
more political correctness
more feminism
less homophobia
more infantilism of the youth
more feelings of "that's not fair" and inequality between the rich and the poor
more immigrants in europe/uk
more Nukes
more education
more terrorism
less icecaps
less Tigers
less Amazon Rainforest
more picky women
Huw M Thomas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All my favorite chocolate bars have shrunk.
DCFCfan4eva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
social media has taken over
Kilam_Namoan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Memes.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
- Rise in globalization
- Rise in living standards, mostly in developing countries, stagnation in developed nations
- Shift in influence/power away from the west
- Rise in extreme politics and polarization in the west from both the left and the right
- Even more instability in the middle east
- The economic recession/banking crisis
- Technology/automation ever increasing

The main thing for me in the 2000-2025 time period seems to be the shift in power away from the west.. I personally think this will then be followed by the next 25-whenever being defined by automation and AI
Huw M Thomas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Children don't build dens.
BehindTheScreen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I shared a ps2 with 3 brothers as a kid and would have been the coolest kid if I had a phone in primary school, now every kid has their own s**t.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
- Rise in globalization
- Rise in living standards, mostly in developing countries, stagnation in developed nations
- Shift in influence/power away from the west
- Rise in extreme politics and polarization in the west from both the left and the right
- Even more instability in the middle east
- The economic recession/banking crisis
- Technology/automation ever increasing

The main thing for me in the 2000-2025 time period seems to be the shift in power away from the west.. I personally think this will then be followed by the next 25-whenever being defined by automation and AI
Around 2005 I once read an except from a book written by some scientist and he said the odds were about 50/50 on humans blowing themselves up to the verge of extinction within the next 100 years ...due to Nukes, the rise of AI, biological weapons ..etc

at first I thought he was being perhaps a bit melodramatic ...but when you look at last year how the US and Russia were squaring up to each other, and now there looks like there could possibly be a nuclear spat between America and North Korea ...I can kinda see this guy wasn't kidding, and we're not even into a 5th of the way through the century yet.

Also some scientists had to shut down some AI robots they created a little while back, because they took it upon themselves to create and start speaking in a secret language that only THEY could understand.

we've also got the problems of Superbugs and every increasing strains of microorganism becoming immune to modern medicines and if something is not done soon ...it's going to be pretty ugly...

That scientist did give some hope though, he said if the human race can make it through the next hundred years then we should go on for a lot lot longer, I can't remember the reason he gave for this, ..but he said this current 100 years is going to be the most critical yet and really make or break in terms of our future......
h333
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People have become robotic
kingpin x
Rep:
?
for me its, more younger kids are getting mobile phones, since iphones and samsungs gave evolved, more ppl are now addicted to their mobiles, causing the lack of grades, work and etc. I remember 3-4 years ago, ppl would just have blackberrys as a phone, now its all about Iphones 7's and Samsungs, wasting more money on technology that is pointless, stick with one phone for two years, not change it every year. Money that is going towards a phone, could be used for something better
xyzhello
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
Opinions and thoughts x
The multicultural invasion planned by anti-white politicians has been underway. Education has been dumbed down by the same politicians. The arts have reached almost zero. However, just recently, the tide appears to have turned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads