Psychology Homework Essay Question on Gender

Watch
rokaya.00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi my teacher gave us an essay question on Gender: 'Discuss the social learning theory of gender development. Refer to at least one other explanation in your answer. (16)' I am a little stuck on how to structure it as he doesn't want us to do all AO1 then AO3. Instead he prefers us to have themes (AO1's) and between each theme an AO3. I've started by saying gender is learned observation and reinforcement in social context then went into direct reinforcement in a separate paragraph followed by a strength on Smith and Lloyd. Then another para on vicarious reinforcement etc etc up to meditational processes. I'll do maybe 2 more evaluative points then I will need to bring in another explanation. Which would be best suited so I can compare in a way. Is that fine? Many thanks
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An example of the structure our teacher tells us to use would be something like make point say vicarious reinforcement then study i.e. bandura then eval bandura using GRAVE link back to the question (if you use another study to evaluate bandura then you have to give a mini evaluation of it), next would be like saying theres not much impact on gender development repeat the process until you have enough written.
rokaya.00
Rep:
?
(Original post by RomNoob)
An example of the structure our teacher tells us to use would be something like make point say vicarious reinforcement then study i.e. bandura then eval bandura using GRAVE link back to the question (if you use another study to evaluate bandura then you have to give a mini evaluation of it), next would be like saying theres not much impact on gender development repeat the process until you have enough written.
Ah okay I get you, would I do a conclusion at the end
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rokaya.00)
Ah okay I get you, would I do a conclusion at the end
If you discuss both sides well enough you shouldn't have to plus 'discuss' questions don't require that you evaluate the only one that does is 'to what extent' BUT it won't hurt to do it
rokaya.00
Rep:
?
(Original post by RomNoob)
If you discuss both sides well enough you shouldn't have to plus 'discuss' questions don't require that you evaluate the only one that does is 'to what extent' BUT it won't hurt to do it
no problem cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads