Labour funding row: Your views Watch

Have Your Say
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Peter Hain has been reported to the Parliamentary Standards Commissioner for failing to declare £103,156 in gifts to his Labour deputy leader bid.

The watchdog will investigate whether Mr Hain broke the rules on MPs' conduct.

Earlier, Elfyn Llwyd, Plaid Cymru's parliamentary leader said the work and pensions secretary's position was "untenable".

Mr Hain, who is also Welsh secretary, has already admitted he had failed to declare the donation to the Electoral Commission.

Do you agree with Mr Llwyd? Should Mr Hain resign? What action should be taken to reform political funding? **
Read the full story (on the BBC website)

Click here if you have any other story ideas (on the BBC website)
Cyril Sneer's Nose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You dont simply 'forget' to declare £100,000. 'Innocent mistake' my arse. :rolleyes:
Scotsman1988
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am aboslutley appauled at the way certain senior members of the labour party have acted. Those being Peter Hain, Harriet Harman (HH) and Wendy Alexander (WA).

I resigned my membership from the labour party over this issue. I wont consider going abck until all three are out of their posts. The positions of all three are "untenable". we can't forget HH and WA when talking about dodgy goings on with funding!
JazzP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1988)
I am aboslutley appauled at the way certain senior members of the labour party have acted. Those being Peter Hain, Harriet Harman (HH) and Wendy Alexander (WA).

I resigned my membership from the labour party over this issue. I wont consider going abck until all three are out of their posts. The positions of all three are "untenable". we can't forget HH and WA when talking about dodgy goings on with funding!
What I think people cant understand is why Labour isn't following the laws that they made? If they can't follow their own laws why do they need more laws? Surely someone will find a way to get around any new laws that they make?
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This sort of thing has been dogging the Labour party ever since they entered power, mainly on the back of an anti-Tory-sleaze campaign...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.61%
No (603)
72.39%

Watched Threads